Fuel Rail Cracked, upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Rail Cracked, upgrades?

Ok, apparently I f'd something up and it's gone bad today. At the base of the schrader valve there's a leak in the fuel rail. I'm pretty damn sure there's no way to fix this without just replacing it.

Ok, so in replacing it I might as well upgrade it. That is if there is a direct replacement. If not I'm just going to order a stock replacement. Anyone know anything about this?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Fuel Rail Cracked, upgrades?

maybe this? They might work but i would call them first.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=259&catid=113
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Damn that's expensive. This sucks.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
        Damn that's expensive. This sucks.
        Yes that is true but you must admit they look good. As much as i would also like to have a set i don't think you would need anything other than stock as far as performance goes. but thats just my .02
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
          Yes that is true but you must admit they look good. As much as i would also like to have a set i don't think you would need anything other than stock as far as performance goes. but thats just my .02
          I was toying around with the idea of a twin turbo setup... But as of right now, I just want the damn thing to run.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Eh, ordered the stock 170somethin one from rock auto. Now I have to wait even longer to order my eaton carrier. I'm gonna go kill something.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

why buy new when you can get them for like $50 used? Just find someone parting a car or engine out
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

jb weld?
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

i don't think it's a good idea to risk a fuel leak on JB weld.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                    why buy new when you can get them for like $50 used? Just find someone parting a car or engine out
                    It's ok. I like new things. Which is why I'm going for an eaton carrier as well rather than trying to find someone getting rid of a stock auburn or whatever. Too many bad experiences buying used.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by onspeed View Post
                      i don't think it's a good idea to risk a fuel leak on JB weld.
                      Agreed.

The same thing happened to me a year or so ago. I wouldn't use JB Weld to fix the old one...just trash it, but i did use some to strengthen the base of the schrader on the new one, so hopefully it wont break again.
                      Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
                      New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

I think I'd rather braze it to strengthen it.. I just don't like JB weld when it involves possible contact with direct fuel. Maybe it could strengthen it up to prevent it from bending though.

I had my sending unit a bit too close to the cowl I suppose. It's weird because I've had it there forever. I did make a hard run with these new tires and it was damn fast. I dunno if the engine movement might have pushed it up there. I can't even remember right now if the engine even torques that way. Whatev, I ordered a new one.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i had a good fuel rail with injectos i could have sold them to you, i was on vacation and bearly read the thread

Comment

Originally posted by michael454rs@hotmail.com View Post
                            i had a good fuel rail with injectos i could have sold them to you, i was on vacation and bearly read the thread
                            Ok....... Well I don't need the injectors. If you're willing to go low enough I might risk it and cancel my order. You are however on the other side of this country. Figure out how much you want to part with your fuel rail for and how much "fast" shipping to 43551 would be. I want this by friday.
                            Last edited by Blizzard242; 06-01-2009, 12:58 AM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well.. Thanks to 97rs4life I was thinking about this fuel rail situation all day. I've come to the conclusion that a fuel rail wouldn't be so bad buying used. Other than a major collision/fire/dumb mistake I made, there really shouldn't be anything wrong with them. So I called around the local salvage yards and finally found one for 75 bucks. Finding one was harder than I thought it'd be. Whatev. Now I'm happy again and I'll have it tomorrow.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X