Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel prob?

Background :
    02 auto camaro. Last weekend my wife and her friends thought it'd be a good idea to run my car out of gas.... long story short i brought gas but couldn't get the car to crank, so i thought that it was the fuel pump. i cant hear it prime...... but yesterday after sitting for a few days, it magically cranked, i drove it to the store, turned it off, cranked it up and drove it home... today i tried to start it and nothing....

i say this pre-emptive to doing anything.... i am going to try the fuel filter today, but if not, i am not sure were else to start. don't want to drop the tank, full tank now :( .... i 've read other posts about the trap door method for the fuel pump, not sure what size dremmel wheels i need tho, or how thick the metal is, and how much of a gap i have inbetween the two. b/c it would suck to send sparks into my gas tank.

Re: Fuel prob?

so it all started with running out of gas? no previous starting issues?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

sounds like a fuel pump to me

Comment

Get a fuel pressure gauge first and make sure it's the pump before you start taking stuff apart.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yea the prob started with runnning out of gas, but what gets me is that the car started after a few days and ran, like normal, and has now stopped again

Comment

and being a fuel newbie, where would i hook up a fuel pressure gauge, at the rail?

Comment

replaced the fuel filter, b/c i already had it, there was gas in the old one, hooked the new one on and nothing, going tomarrow to get fuel pressure guage i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Jago2hot View Post
                and being a fuel newbie, where would i hook up a fuel pressure gauge, at the rail?
                there is a place on the passenger side of the rail. should have a black cap on it.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

ok tyvm, ill check as soon as possible. If no pressure then its pump for sure, or could it be regulator? also if there is pressure, what should it be at. just want to make sure b4 i drop 300$ on a pump :)

Comment

ok tyvm, ill check as soon as possible. If no pressure then its pump for sure, or could it be regulator? also if there is pressure, what should it be at. just want to make sure b4 i drop 300$ on a pump :)
                    Where are you shopping?? You can get one at Autozone for less than $200...

Comment

should spike to like 60? and then settle at like 40 something
                      Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X