Airbag question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag question

Hey guys im new here., 3.4 slow to go sent me here he said you guys should be able to help me out. Heres the deal im looking into buying a 96 firebird v6 for really cheap. Only problem is the guy said he thinks when the airbags deployed it cut off the fuel pump???? I want to hear the car run before i buy it but all it will do is turn over. Is there a switch like in fords to reset the airbag, or can i unplug the airbag thing under the center console to get the car to start. OR is this guy b.s.ing me. Oh and im not sure if you can hear the fuel pump turn on or not i have not personally seen the car yet. THANKS

Re: Airbag question

bueller?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Re: Airbag question

When you turn the key to the Run position (but don't start it yet) you should hear the pump kick on for 1-2 secs. Usually you can hear it from the driver's seat. If you can't, have someone listen underneath. I have no idea if an airbag deployment disables the fuel pump though. Or attach a pressure tester and see if there's pressure to the fuel rail.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X