How do you know if you need a new PCV valve? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if you need a new PCV valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know if you need a new PCV valve?

i was just wondering how do you know if you need a new pcv valve and spring? i was just wondering cause my car is a little old now

Re: How do you know if you need a new PCV valve?

research this crap instead of filling up the forum! instead of posting new threads and filling up the forum, research. and if ou dont find it, post only one thread.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Shake it,if it doesn't rattle it needs to be replaced.

I change mine every 2 years,its a pretty inexpensive part.

Comment

I never buy new ones. I just clean em' out really good with Seafoam Deepcreep.

See if it rattles (if not clean it, then)... (Hold upright) Blow into it on each end, one end should blow through and the other shouldnt. There will be some air that will seep through. If excessive air seeps through then check for cracks or holes on the PCV itself...
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
          research this crap instead of filling up the forum! instead of posting new threads and filling up the forum, research. and if ou dont find it, post only one thread.

this is the only thread tht i have posted for this? and the whole point of this website it to ask people who know what there talking about i just bought a car and im trying to completly fix it and the only way to do that is get the facts from the people who actually have the same car as me not someone who read it in a book and posted it on google? and if you dont want to leave any feedback then just scroll down and dont click on mine!

and as of everyone else thank you guys for helping me in the reconstruction of my car!

Comment

its cool bro, dont let em get you down.
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

PCV valve is like a couple dollars to replace if I'm not mistaken. Just replace it if you think it needs it. It won't hurt your pocket, don't be scared...

also "flamingchicken" is referring to your 2 threads about the same damn "trans mount". Two threads is not needed, if one is not getting as much attention as you want, repost in that thread to move it to the top. Very annoying to see two threads about the "same" damn thing. I personally agree with him though, the only way to learn is by doing.

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                this is the only thread tht i have posted for this? and the whole point of this website it to ask people who know what there talking about i just bought a car and im trying to completly fix it and the only way to do that is get the facts from the people who actually have the same car as me not someone who read it in a book and posted it on google? and if you dont want to leave any feedback then just scroll down and dont click on mine!
                but you have posted like 5 other threads about problems. google is a top notch helper. you dont have to post for every problem you have. RESEARCH! alot of things are covered elsewhere on this site.

i found this in less than 30 seconds of searching.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ve+replacement
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

READ THIS

Comment

man do search engines work like a charm...
                    Team NoVa

Comment

just replace it, i have had bad PCV valves before and they rattled when i shook it

i had one that rattled so bad when my engine running i thought something was wrong with my engine, used a mechanics stethoscope and found out it was the PCV rattling

they are only like $3

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
                        its cool bro, dont let em get you down.
                        i agree :rock:

Comment

Yeah, taking it out and shaking it to see if it still rattles is the best way.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

what does a pcv valve do again?
                            i havent replaced mine in 170k miles

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                              what does a pcv valve do again?
                              i havent replaced mine in 170k miles
                              sends fuel fumes back into the intake to be reburned again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X