Pressure prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure prob

Hey Ive been havin probs with my Car building up too much pressure in the hoses when I ride with the radiator cap closed and nobody can tell me if its my Radiator, Water Pump or my Head Gasket? ive been havin the prob for almost a yr. I over heated my engine twice but the problems didn't start immediatly after the overheats. I did notice tho that when I turn on my AC the car will start to get hotter and hotter the further I drive with it on to the point that when I stop water starts gushing out of the coolant spout and starts to drip down the road like a little river....does anybody know whats doin on so I can get this fixed?

Re: Pressure prob

Have you ever had the coolant flushed? Parts of the coolant passage in the block or radiator could be plugged up and not allowing coolant to flow properly.

Another thought, have you tried bleeding any air out of the coolant system?
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

sounds like maybe you need a new thermostat

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

so when you ride with the cap off it doesnt overheat or anything?

my friend had a problem with his truck where if he had the rad cap off, the truck would run 100% normal, but if he put the cap on it would overheat and everything

he found out it was warped heads

Comment

I would suggest starting with a new thermostat. Start with the simple and cheap repairs first. Also, maybe your radiator cap is holding too much pressure. So I would suggest replacing those two things first. If there's a lot of gunk in your system, then it needs to be flushed, too. Then move on to the water pump. That's not a very difficult repair, either. If it still overheats, then start diagnosing heads, gaskets, etc.

You can test the thermo in a pan of water and a thermometer. Otherwise, they are cheap and it's probably easiest to just replace it.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

just make sure that water is boiling... :twak::D

Comment

Yes, you should see the thermostat opening at whatever water temp it's designed for. If the water boils and the thing hasn't opened yet, there's your sign.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X