Why aren't there kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't there kits?

Sorry it's me again...I know..."it's that guy again, won't he ever shut up".

I was wondering why there aren't kits.

Like let's say for $1500 you get ceramic headers, exhaust, whisper lid, ram air and k&n filter.

And let's say for $2500 you get the above, plus camshaft, lifters, rockers, springs etc etc...

I understand the whole point to "customizing" it just for you. This is performance though, get the best sounding, best bang for the buck, package it up for people that don't have time or know what they are doing. So they just buy the kit and wait for it to come in the mail. Get a couple buddies together and install it or take it to a shop with all parts in hand. Does this not sound like it's feasable?

I think this website should maybe adopt this idea. They don't need to keep the "inventory" in stock, just put a package list together, mark it up for profit. Then when people order you guys just go and get the parts from the various vendors, which would maybe pay you or discount your purchases to promote their stuff on your website. It's a win, win situation. Am I wrong?

Re: Why aren't there kits?

Do you mean like this?

http://mods.firebirdv6.com/index.html

Comment

considering this site can't even scrounge together enough people together to get a simple calendar printed and sent out, I doubt that there'd be any real interest in this. Yeah everyone will say it's such a great promotion and how much they'd want it...but, when it comes to actually putting money down and placing orders, don't hold your breath

Comment

all you need to do is find a few sites you trust and save your money to buy things in bulk from them as a package...you'll usually save money on shipping and they may even cut you deals for large orders.

very seldom do i just order a thing here or there unless i have to, i basically make my own package of what i need and do it all together.

like when i was upgrading my suspension, i bulk ordered from a site for sfc's, lca's, relo brackets, bushings, panhard, and a couple other things and they gave me free shipping and a nice sale price.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Gatt9 View Post
          That is just a knowledgebase..am I missing something?

I understand "you" can individually do this, anyone can make their own package.

I gave it a try...guess it's not everyone's cup of tea to be "convenient".

Anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
            That is just a knowledgebase..am I missing something?

I understand "you" can individually do this, anyone can make their own package.

I gave it a try...guess it's not everyone's cup of tea to be "convenient".

Anyways...
            This server isn't really pulling in a ton of money. I think the only thing keeping it going is the owner out of his own good will. I dunno how much it costs to keep a server running from month to month but I imagine just the supporting memberships don't quite cut it. I mean, other forums have ads and whatnots but you don't see any here do you? I dunno, I could be way off but I'm sorry to say your idea is just not feasible.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
              This server isn't really pulling in a ton of money. I think the only thing keeping it going is the owner out of his own good will. I dunno how much it costs to keep a server running from month to month but I imagine just the supporting memberships don't quite cut it. I mean, other forums have ads and whatnots but you don't see any here do you? I dunno, I could be way off but I'm sorry to say your idea is just not feasible.
              I <3 steve :)

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                Well, there's other problems as well. Hypothetically speaking, if Pacesetter headers, carsound cat, and borla exhaust was a superior combo, magnaflow isn't going to let their cat be packaged with a borla, they're going to want it packaged with their catback.

Same thing with suspension, different manufacturers aren't going to let their parts be packed in a combo with someone else's, they'll want the parts to all be theirs. Same thing with engine internals.

It's like coke and pepsi, try putting a row of pepsi in a coke cooler and watch the rep freak. When I managed a gas station, I had one freak on me just because I had coke and pepsi coolers side by side.

Comment

I like this site better than others , you can post links to any product without people deleting it and saying , we have sponers to the right. Or mods who delete your posts because they get pissed and don't no what to do. This way you can find a better deal on things instead of paying $10-$20 more here and there when they tell you to buy from their sponsors. I have saved a ton of money shopping around, Ebay one of them and looking at places that offer free shipping and mutiple discounts. Granted I still have probably about $15,000 in mods over 13 years of owning my car, interior, labor here and there, engine work, turbo parts and paint into my car and the oringinal owner but I will never get rid of it. I see it as a monthly car payment of $300 a month going into it. Just look for the best deals and decide what you want to do with it the first time around and it will save you money in the end.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X