Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinker issue

so i checked all my bulbs..they work...

but sometimes my left blinker is a PITA and decides it doesnt want to blink. upon testing with hazards, only the front left bulb doesnt blink sometimes...what could cause this?

Re: blinker issue

water in the housing?

Comment

^ If not that or a burnt socket, try new bulb, then try flasher relay.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I kno that there are the seperate flashers for hazards and turn signals, but is there more than one kind of flasher for the signals? I had a similar problem and so i replaced the bulb that was bad and then the flasher which went bad soon after, it made the signals work again but they blink very slow.

Comment

Originally posted by gofastsports View Post
          I kno that there are the seperate flashers for hazards and turn signals, but is there more than one kind of flasher for the signals? I had a similar problem and so i replaced the bulb that was bad and then the flasher which went bad soon after, it made the signals work again but they blink very slow.
          no, there are only two flashers, one for the hazzards, and another for the turnsignals.

i had a similar problem and it was caused by corrosion in the light socket.

Comment

X2 for the corrosion in the socket doubtful it is the flasher if one of the bulbs work as the flasher is just a timed relay and it either works or it dont. I have never seen a flasher that would flash only one bulb on one side that is usally a wireing problem or the socket is KOed

Comment

your shorting somewhere...

Comment

the socket is either dirty or corodded. Replace the socket. Its like 10 bucks and should fix the prob. If you want to get mcgiver-ish. Get out the test light and test the wires just before the socket. If the test light blinks then you know the socket is bad
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

oh wow i just got the same problem on my right front blinker it works about 70% of the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X