Window Works Intermittently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Works Intermittently

My driver's side window just started having a problem where is doesn't work properly. When I push the button to make it go down/up it only goes about 3-4 inches and then stops. If I push the button again in either direction it gets nowhere. If I then wait about 30-60 seconds, and push the button again, I have the ability to move it another 3-4 inches It's like the motor only works for a little bit and then gets tired, and was it can catch its breath it is able to move again. I'm trying to figure out the logic behind what could be causing this.

The window has done this maybe 3-4 times in the past over the last 3 months, but now it consistently behaves like this. I've read a lot of posts about these motors dying in older cars, but my car is a 2002! How could it break already?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

The window motors on our cars suck. The motor is over heating when youre rolling it up... a sign its going out. It over heats and stops then when it cools you can roll it up a bit more before it over heats again.

It is covered under warranty so take it in and let them do it. Before it is out of warranty you'll want them to replace each of them at least once (they are a pain in the arse the first time). After the window motors have been replaced once theyre much easier to replace from then on, so get them both done by them the first in case you have to replace them yourself later. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea I have the same problem but mines not under warrenty so off to autozone I go
      98 Camaro 3.8L black with T-Tops, K&N Air fliter, MSD Coil packs, More mods to come<br />web site <a href=\"http://www.wayug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.wayug.com</a> \"are you down enough\"

Comment

You can also spray the window seals with a silicone spray for lubricant. Your window motors won't be working as hard; they will last longer.
        2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
          You can also spray the window seals with a silicone spray for lubricant. Your window motors won't be working as hard; they will last longer.
          Spray the window seals with lubricant? Why would I want lubricant all over my windows all the time?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X