car won't start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car won't start...

i apologize for the title being a little ambiguous. i went to start the car and the gauges lit up like usual, but i tried to crank the engine over and i heard a click and everything shut off. now, no gauges, no audible tone when the door is open with the key in the ignition. nothing, except a clicking sound coming from the glove box area when a door is open - it stops when all of the doors are closed. and the clicking is getting slower. i initially suspected it was the VATS, but that has now been dismissed, since it has been well over 3 minutes and nothing has changed. any suggestions? i have a AAA truck on the way to jump start it, though i doubt it'll help.

Re: car won't start...

loose battery connection

edit* i keep an 8mm wrench in my car at all times for this same reason.. i stopped home one day (which is very unusual) and when i got back in my car, the same thing happened, only my alarm was going off, thankfully i was home because if they happened when i was away i would have been stranded for a few hours with my alarm going off trying to find an 8mm wrench

Comment

^ i tried that. the cables are nice and tight. though i will keep an 8mm wrench with me, now.

Comment

then maybe there is some corrosion on the terminals?

the only way that im aware of for the car to lose power like that is the battery disconnecting, or just completely shot

i would assume the clicking you heard is the cars computer getting power, then shutting off again

Comment

well, the jump start worked. i think the battery is shot. i'll get a new one and, hopefully, that will fix it. thanks for the help, cam98aro.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X