gas mileage - replaced just about everything. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gas mileage - replaced just about everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gas mileage - replaced just about everything.

not that I'm calling :bs:, but our stock camaro puts down 7.4's for the 0-60 time, also not saying your modded but you have mods and your saying all you did was install the "OEM" plugs and you shaved almost a second off your 0-60 and 2 seconds off your 0-100??

are you saying that your plugs were holding your mods back?

Comment

i have a k&n filter, whisper lid and a full exhaust header back. with a vette servo and a valve body upgrade on my 4l60e. thats all and i will video me going 0-60 in 6.5 secs if u really want. and i was running bosch double junks in it. you have to remeber your plugs wires and coil are everything with out them no matter what u do your car will not run so to have the perfect plugs for your vehicle could make that much of a difference.. yes

Comment

Stock coil packs are more than enough for even a modded 3.8. His setup is fine with those coils. I would question the plugs that he's running. While coppers may not last as long as iridium, they will work fine enough for the average tune up. Iridiums are more expensive, but supposedly last longer. Platinums, I heard mixed stories about and would just avoid them at this point.

Going from what I read in your thread on the other forum, you're using Bosch plugs. I don't know what it is about them, but a lot of Bosch products don't go well with our cars. They tend to cause a lot of weird behavior, such as misfires or lost fuel mileage. Try to sell them off to someone else and get some other plugs. I would suggest something along the lines of AC Delco, NGK, or possibly even Autolites. Either copper or iridium plugs should work better than those Bosch plugs.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
          i have a k&n filter, whisper lid and a full exhaust header back. with a vette servo and a valve body upgrade on my 4l60e. thats all and i will video me going 0-60 in 6.5 secs if u really want. and i was running bosch double junks in it. you have to remeber your plugs wires and coil are everything with out them no matter what u do your car will not run so to have the perfect plugs for your vehicle could make that much of a difference.. yes
          nah, it's not that I don't believe that you can go that fast, but it sounded like you were trying to say that you gained a second in your 0-60 and two seconds in your 0-100 from just changing out your plugs. Must of sucked to be doing the same times as a stock camaro can do with all your mods.

So I heard if you "mark" and line the spark plugs up with the intake manfold you could get an extra 1hp out of it. What you guys think? Free HP! :banana:

Comment

dude i got 200000 miles original motor and tranny not many can say that in general so with the mods running a new camaro speed is fine with me

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
              Does the temperature effect gas consumption while the car is running. Doesn't the car consume more fuel due to cold air?
              yes this is true
              Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
                yes this is true
                I believe it's the other way around. Cold air is more dense than hot air. It would take more fuel to ignite warm air, than it would a denser mixture. Unless you're looking at start up in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by steddy View Post
                  I believe it's the other way around. Cold air is more dense than hot air. It would take more fuel to ignite warm air, than it would a denser mixture. Unless you're looking at start up in the winter.

I don't think that's true...

Colder, denser air contains more oxygen per volume, so when your car senses how much oxygen is getting into the cylinder, it adjusts the volume of gasoline it allows in...

Colder air = more oxygen = more gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by inheritthefire View Post
                    I don't think that's true...

Colder, denser air contains more oxygen per volume, so when your car senses how much oxygen is getting into the cylinder, it adjusts the volume of gasoline it allows in...

Colder air = more oxygen = more gasoline.
                    Hmmm. Good point.

Comment

agreed. my gas milage is way low in the dead of winter and boosted in the dog days of summer. also, more power in winter, less in summer
                      Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X