Sensitive horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitive horn

I have been dealing with a very very sensitive horn. if i so much as graze the horn it goes off and stays on till i hit it hard. even went off all by itself one night in my driveway. so ive pulled the fuse but i have to get inspected this month and need to fix it. has anyone ever delt with this problem?
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Re: Sensitive horn

Comment

i would pull off the center of the steering wheel. make sure the wire isnt contacting anthing. does it go off just whenever or when you turn the wheels?

Comment

only goes off when i touch the horn, havent noticed it happen when i turn it but that old cause i have had the fuse out. if i so much a graze the horn it goes off and stay stuck, only the right side button

how od i remove the center part to take look inside. and what exaclty am i looking for?
        1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
        Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
        sigpic

Comment

usp55 vs airbag

Definitely a thread I will watch...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
            usp55 vs airbag

Definitely a thread I will watch...

Ill see if I can get a scan from my GM manuals tomorrow...
            sigpic
            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              2 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X