no power steering after pump replacement - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no power steering after pump replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power steering after pump replacement

Ok so my old pump was making noise and leaking every where so I replaced the pump yesterday well now I'm not getting any power assist at all. I did bleed the system and I did it just like my manuel said. Then I tried bleeding it again nothing .

Re: no power steering after pump replacement

i would have to say you got a bad pump

Comment

I know it sounds stupid , but did you fill it up and turn the wheels side to side holding it for a second each time. When you put the new pulley on did you press it on and no tuse a hammer(that can damage the shaft, thats why presssing it on is the best way). So it is not making any noise or sounds when turning or anything? Look at the pulley to see if it is slipping on the shaft for some reason. Other than that , its the only thing I can think of unless your rack and pinion is bad.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

stupid question...did you put the belt back on?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          I know it sounds stupid , but did you fill it up and turn the wheels side to side holding it for a second each time. When you put the new pulley on did you press it on and no tuse a hammer(that can damage the shaft, thats why presssing it on is the best way). So it is not making any noise or sounds when turning or anything? Look at the pulley to see if it is slipping on the shaft for some reason. Other than that , its the only thing I can think of unless your rack and pinion is bad.
          I'm with ssms on this one. Make sure you never try to force the pulley on the pump with anything other than a press made for it. Anything else, like hammering (or using, say a bench press) will render the pump useless, due to driving the pump shaft into the body, in which case, it was never designed and i would imagine would destroy the inner seals.

Comment

if your rack is bad i have a spare.
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X