Random no starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random no starts

I have a random problem with starting up the car.

So I had the PCM replaced about a week ago. All week the car started up no problems all is great. Yesterday night however the car just turned but never came on. I unplugged the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes and put it back on and BAM. it started.

I replaced the PCM because before the car didn't start at all. Or when it did start it would turn off after one minute of idle.

I know some of you are going to say to check for grounds but which ones could be the culprit so far all of them are clean and tight. What other ones can there be?

Oh and by the way the battery, plugs, wires, and CPS have been replaced as well. any ideas?

Re: Random no starts

VATS Maybe?
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

I've read about VATS problems, but everything comes on when i turn the key. Fuel pump activates and all the dash lights come on. The security light goes off after a few seconds.

Comment

check your battery voltage...maybe a cell or two has gone bad...

Comment

Battery is a month old checks out fine.

Comment

can it be jumped?

Comment

No jumping does nothing

Comment

The car doesn't start at all no matter what I do

Comment

Sounds like fueling problem. Your new PCM maybe needs to be calibrated with your car. How long after disconnecting the battery and reconnecting does your car have problems? And where did you get the new pcm? If used what did it come out of?

It cranks right? Meaning the starter is working but it doesn't want to fire?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Theres a postive from the PCM that goes to the extra + acess. block if they are loose or doesn't have a wire from the batt. , the car will have starting issues. Just an idea mine was doing it and even after cleaning it would do it I had to wiggle the wire and it started so, it has a bad wire somewhere. But it works fine as long as I don't move the wire.LOL
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Good idea i'll check out the wires tomorrow.

It is a used PCM however im not sure what it came out of.

Well one time it just kept on cranking but didn't come on so I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes and when I reconnected it turned on and ran fine.

However now I tried that same trick again but this time it doesn't start at all, it just keeps cranking and cranking with no start.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X