Car stalls:What else could it be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car stalls:What else could it be

yea z28 i just didnt respond sorry, i seafoam my car 2 or three times a ear and just did it 2 oil changes ago. no maf but i did replace the iac with no luck

i have an actron scanner and can see current info when running. where should the o2 #'s be at?

last time i shut it down and looked under the hood i did notice on the drivers side and noise (this is after the car was shut down). it sound like pressure leaving from somewhere. i did my best to look for something anything but everything looked peachy and then the noise went away withing a few min
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Comment

ok so made some progress today. Changed the o2's and coils. the one o2 was so loose i took it off with my hand. i think that is where i heard pressure leaving when i shut it down cause i dont hear it anymore. i thought everything was great till i went back to autozone to return the 02 sockets. Caqr ran great, no hesitation at all. went to start it back up and it was stumbling like it was gona stall so i gave it some gas and put it into gear real quick. Again car ran nice all the way to get gas on my way home but when i went to start it up it would act like it was gona start and then it just died. tried for about 20 min and then finally got it going. drove home great and park in my driveway. for the next hour or so i would start it every 10-15 min and each time it fired right up no problems. WTF

CHANGED TO DATE:
      O2'S
      COILS
      IAC
      TPS
      AIR CHARGE SENSOR (IAT)
      PLUGS
      WIRES
      FUEL PUMP

What would cause my car to have spiratic hard starts?
      its almost like it had fuel from the pump prime then nothing. dosnt the oil pressure sending unit also supply the power to the full pump after the psi is over 5-10 as a safty feature in the event of a crash the pump would not work.

only reason i bring this up is my pop sid he thinks there is something arking on the driverside ( changing plugs wire and coils didnt fix the sound) and it dosnt sound like an exhaust leake nor anything internal as it dosnt increase with rpm's. Idont know im just really fishing now for something.....

ANY IDEAS???????
      1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
      Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
      sigpic

Comment

FPR, Fuel pump sarting to go, Starter, BCM ,Corrossion around the batt. terminals or on the accessory terminals where the PCM power hooks up to.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

fuel pump was replace 2 weeks ago, afpr is a holley i replaced about 8 months ago and i pulled it the other day and it looked great no holes in it. car has a good hard crank so not the starter nor battery (connections are new).
          1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
          sigpic

Comment

this is exactly what my car is doing, has to be the TCC.

"The TCC is made to engage usually only in the top gear when the car is cruising, not accelerating. The lock up converter will disengage when the accelerator is pressed hard enough. Over time the clutch will wear out especially if the vehicle ever towed anything and was left in overdrive (top gear). This will wear the clutch out prematurely. If you have a tachometer you will see the RPM’s drop a few hundred when it engages. If the TCC is bad one of three things will usually happen. First, the vehicle will tend to rev up and down as it engages and disengages, not being able to keep the converter clutch locked up. Second, the converter clutch will engage randomly in gears that it shouldn’t even engage in usually. Third the clutch doesn’t want to disengage. As you slow down the vehicle won’t downshift and if you try to accelerate the RPM’s will be so low that the vehicle will have difficulty moving quickly. In extreme cases the lockup converter will try to keep the vehicle moving as you try to stop at a stop light, or will stall out and die. Many people think that this problem is coming from their engine because it causes the car to stall. The check engine light will not always show an error for the TCC. Most lockup converters are controlled by a wire or wires that plug into the transmission. It is possible on some models to simply disconnect this plug. This is not a problem and will only cause you to lose a little gas mileage. The RPM’s will run slightly higher than before but will not harm anything or be an issue."

how exactly is the tcc fixed? is it internal?
            i recently have a full rebuild, stall, and shift kit done to the car so im gona take it back to the shop but im curious as to what actually needs to be done to fix it. mechanical? electronic? needs adjustment?
            1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
            sigpic

Comment

the tcc is inside of the torque converter,

i really have no idea about these transmissions, but i dont think the torque converter is serviceable, which means you will have to get a new torque converter

Comment

tc is 3 weeks old
                1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                sigpic

Comment

*cough* ICM *cough*

Comment

ok so i ran the car today stalled 2x in philly after leaving my parking garage. got it home and the check engine light came on. all three egr selenoids threw codes. changed the egr and took it for a spin, no luck same problems with a hesitation that almost stalls the car.

also i was running my scantron tool which shows me real time info on the tcc and it was locking up at the proper times and looked to be in proper working order based on my driving.

in my driveway i noticed very little if any pressure coming out of my tail pipes

Clogged CAT!?

could that be causing my hesitation, due to the back pressure being off.
                    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                    sigpic

Comment

If your cat is clogged bad enough, yeah that would cause some major problems. Maybe you could invest in a cutout, which would also be an upgrade as well as an instrument to check how badly your cat might be clogged. That is as long as you install it before the cat.

BTW, your car is beautiful. I love those wheels, the body mods, and the color scheme.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

haha thanks...yea i have a cutout but it is after the cat and there is almost nothing coming out of it. very weak pressure
                        1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by usp55 View Post
                          haha thanks...yea i have a cutout but it is after the cat and there is almost nothing coming out of it. very weak pressure
                          Yeah I should have read that in your signature. Short of drilling holes in your Y pipe I dunno what you can do to check your cat. However, I have been drinking since it's my bday.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Just hollow the CAT out, it will pass visual inspection and though a sim on it so no codes.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, that's actually what I did too.. I require no inspections though. If you are to do that, get a straight pipe that fits into the cat as the cat alone is said to create a bottle neck.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X