TCS uses gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCS uses gas

Does to TCS use gas? I think my gas milage is better with it off. i haven't fully tested this though.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

It has nothing to do with gas consumption.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

rofl..tcs is traction control

Comment

out of curiousity anyone know how a tcs works?
        <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

I believe that the traction contol system detects slippage in one or more tires. Thus "traction contol system".
          in orderto correct the slippage, the ABS and TCS pulse the brakes in order to keep to wheel from spinning. I dobelieve the TCS does use gas,i have not used it since my last fill up and i have gotten 200 miles on half a tank. with it on,i would get 200 miles or so to a full tank.
          This is what i have experianced.
          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

whats rofl?

Comment

rofl = Rolling On the Floor Laughing
              97 polo metallic green v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tdaddyz\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

O I C

Comment

Traction Control
                  Traction control will not have any effect on the operation of the vehicle until the control module detects one or both of the rear wheels rotating faster than the front wheels. At this time the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module (EBTCM) will request the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to retard timing. If the EBTCM continues to detect the rear wheel are rotating faster than the front it will request the ASM to reduce the throttle angle. The last measure taken to control the rear wheel is for the EBTCM to apply the rear brakes, thus reducing torque to the rear wheels. Once the rear wheels begin to rotate at the same speed as the front wheels, the system will return full control to the driver. During Traction Control mode, if the brake is applied to only one rear wheel, most of the torque from the engine will be directed to the other rear wheel which will improve the traction of the vehicle.

The braking is accomplished by closing the TCS Master Cylinder Isolating Valve, this isolates the master cylinder from the rest of the system. The TCS Prime valve opens to allow the pump to get brake fluid to build pressure for braking. The drive wheel circuit solenoids are energized as needed to allow for pressure hold, pressure increase, or pressure decrease.

The TCS may be deactivated by the driver if desired. In order to deactivate the TCS with the engine running, depress the TCS On/Off switch. The system will remain deactivated until the ignition switch is cycled, or the switch is pressed again.

Tires with ABS/TCS
                  The compact spare tire rotates faster than the others. The EBCM/EBTCM compensates for this faster rotation. Refer to Tires and Wheels in Suspension for information on replacement tires.

Replacement Tires
                  The tire size is important for the performance of the ABS/TCS. The replacement tires should be the same size load range and construction as the original tires. Replace the tires in axle sets and only with tires of the same tire performance criteria specification number. Use of any other tire size or type may seriously affect ABS/TCS operation. For information on replacement tires for this vehicle, Refer to Tires and Wheels in Suspension.

Matt
                  1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                  Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I dont see how you would waste more gas if all tcs is doing is controlling brake pressure in certain tires and redirecting engine torque.
                    <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

Aknowledged.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdrumble00:
                        I dont see how you would waste more gas if all tcs is doing is controlling brake pressure in certain tires and redirecting engine torque.
                        I'm pretty sure that it only controls the brakes on the V8 cars. Probably the reason traction control was more expensive on them.
                        <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

TCS uses extra fuel? Glad I don't have it. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] I get great gas mileage and I spend a good bit of my time sideways leaving clouds of tire smoke. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah!

Smoke 'em

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X