rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough idle

ok i just pulled my engine and trans and rebuilt the topend of the engine. after reasbling every thing i turned it over and it started up on the first try but the idle is real rough it almost sound like its got a high lift cam i got abunch of codes but all them are from the trans and thats probly cause i dont have any fluid in it yet.if anyone has ever had this happen to them or thinks they no wat it is any help would be apreciated.

Re: rough idle

a high lift cam will not cause a rough idle.

you first need to check if there is a misfire, then check the injectors to see if they are properly seated, then check to make sure all of the connectors are hooked up

Comment

i had this problem when i did my heads a while ago. when you revv it does it miss like, super hard? my problem was a broken ceramic on a plug prolly caused when i put the header in on that side. it can also be caused by not hooking up the right plugs in the right spot, or a wire that is pinched/melted arching across the engine.

when you get around to driving it, see if the check engine light flashes when you get on it. that is the computer telling you that you have a bad enough miss to set a knock sensor code.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Check for a vacuum leak.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
          check for a vacuum leak.
          ....x2
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

double d 40 will burn and create white smoke if you use that method, or starter fluid, but if you have a bad wire or plug that is arching it will light that shizz up!
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              ....x2
              x3 on that..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

A vaccuum and also check the sound of your exhaust. If there's an uneven sound like a cut off sound then it might be the injectors.

Also if your rpm is all over the place check your IAC

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

ight thanks guys just so i no im not missing any vacume lines theirs the one to the iac that comes from the loom then theirs the one that runs from the pelunium to the fuel preasusr regulator and the vacume booster for the brakes if there are any i left out please let me no and im not throwing any codes for the engine only the trans i ot a tcc code a p1 code and one other i forgot

Comment

No vac. line off the IAC, there is one on the side of the TB that goes to the EVAP then another line that goes to the MAP sensor. So there might be a cracker in the hard plastic somewhere. Then there is a line from the MAP to the FPR behind the upper intake. So I would double check the lines and make sure no leaks or cracks esp. on the hard plastic lines since they are prone to crack over time. Also what year is your car? mileage?
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

its a 99 with a 110,000 miles and i was test driving it today and when im in nuetral i can tach it up to red line but when i put it into any gear it wont let me go past 2000 rpm and its a 4l60e tranns by the way

Comment

that sounds like spark problem to me. when my car was giving me fits, thats what it would do, it sounded like crap at idle, and would revv pretty good, but under a load it ran like butt crack.

check your plugs and wires. one by one, pull all of the plugs and check for cracks, and look for cracks or melted spots on your wires.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

check the order of your wires.
                          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X