Update and Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update and Question

Just to update some of you who helped me or were interested in what the problem was. I have 1998 3.8L Camaro. Well turns out the PCM needed to be replaced so now my car is back and running.

My question is what causes the PCM to go bad. I mean that is a major part i'd think that would be one of the last things to go bad. bad ground?

Re: Update and Question

what problems were you having?

a PCM can go out from a voltage spike, bad solder joint, cracked board

Comment

yea pretty much anything that could cause a short i'd assume. or bad wires...soldering...maybe a bad ground...voltage spikes..etx
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        what problems were you having?

a PCM can go out from a voltage spike, bad solder joint, cracked board
        Exactly. It could be a number of other things like a bad resistor or something.
        Leonard
        www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
        sigpic

Comment

Well the problems I had before were pretty much the car would start up fine and then would die about 1 minutes later. Or randomly stall out while driving. Eventually it didn't give spark so no starting.

What locations should I check to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I checked the grounds already.

Comment

Just check all of your connections and make sure there aren't any burnt wires and stuff.
            Leonard
            www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
              Well the problems I had before were pretty much the car would start up fine and then would die about 1 minutes later. Or randomly stall out while driving. Eventually it didn't give spark so no starting.

What locations should I check to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I checked the grounds already.
              you are going to have to get a voltmeter and tear the pcm apart and see if there is anything wrong with it internally to really find what happened

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X