Need help asap!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help asap!!!!

I curently have a 98 firebird v6 3.8 (manual) that has a broken center drive shaft support bearing. the only problem is that i cant find any place that will carry the bearing support or have even heard of it on a car? i called GM and they said i have to purchase the entire drive shaft for 850 which is crazy !!! but i found a couple parting out cars. the only thing is i was told that it has to be from a manual car and a v6 3.8? and if anyone has any info on where to get it or if its true please help asap

thank you

Re: Need help asap!!!!

i have a 1 piece for sale that will work and its a lot beter then the 2 piece it just goes directly from the trans to rearend pm me your zip and ill get you a quote shipped

Comment

and also you will never have to worry about the center bearing again it also puts more power to the wheels

Comment

Buy a LS1 aluminum drive shaft off Ebay and be done. An 4 gen LS1 drive shaft fits.
        sigpic

Comment

yea you can find an aluminum one over on ls1tech for under 100$...no more joint, no more headaches, and more power to the wheels...mine was noticably faster....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I did the same thing. Just the knowledge that I don't have to worry about that bearing was good enough for me.

Comment

you see the only thing im worried about is tht the mechanic said it has to be the same engine size and it has to be from a manual car esecially since my year car a 98 the engine sits back a little furthure?

do i neede to look for any specifics?

Comment

That's weird, I thought all 98's came with a 1 piece drive shaft. Is that only autos?
                94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
                97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
                98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Any 4th gen LS1 drive shaft fits your car.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lil' jon View Post
                    That's weird, I thought all 98's came with a 1 piece drive shaft. Is that only autos?

My 98 auto came with a 2 piece drive shaft.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok and does it mater whethere it auto or maual cause i was told i have to get it from a manual car 5-speed ?

Comment

I haven't heard of any differences. a 1-piece should do.

Comment

well ive been looking and i cant find anyone who is selling a ls1 drive shaft

and evryone at the shop and stuff keeps saying it has to be from a 5-speed maunal ans 3.8?
                          but i would rather believe you guys
                          can anyone direct me in where to buy one? ASAP i needed one like yesterday lol

Comment

would this fit ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02...ayphotohosting

Comment

believe so

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X