Post Your Free Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Free Mods

I am trying to collect all of the free mods, and do a write up for them. I did a search for free mods and got back 300 hundred posts. These are the ones that I found. If you have any diffent ones or pictures or how to guides. Post.
    1. Removing fins on the 98+ stock Air Lid
    2. Free Ram Air- Cutting hole under the filter
    to get air coming up the air dam
    3. Remove Maf screen- Very conterversal
    4. Lt1 scoop seeLT1 Air Scoop
    5. Air Box removal 97 and pre
    6. Raised air box- Using washers under the air
    box.
    7. Egr- See
    8. Muffler Bypass-See Muffler Bypass
    9. !Ait- Tricking the computer to think its
    incoming air is only 57 degrees See
    10. Maf porting- Allows more air See
    11. Throttle bump stop- See
    Install university
    12. Free Ram Air Hood- Making the nostrills on
    a 98+ bird functional(my mod)

[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
    Cardomain

Drill Mod, the manual guys.
    2002 Maple Red Firebird V6<br />3.73 w/ LSD | Pro-5.0 Shifter | Fan Switch | Tach w/ Shiftlite | Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge | Bilstein Shocks & 1LE Springs | 1LE 32mm Bar & Poly Bushings, Poly Tranny Mount and Torque Arm Bushing | BMR LCA\'s | Catco 3\" Cat w/ Edlebrock 5509 Muffler, (all 3\") | Corbeau A4 Seats (Pair) |<p><a href=\"http://forums.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.fakeleg.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://cv6.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://cv6.fakeleg.com</a> - Part & Repair Manuals and write-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird:

1. Removing fins on the 98+ stock Air Lid
      2. Free Ram Air- Cutting hole under the filter
      to get air coming up the air dam
      3. Remove Maf screen- Very conterversal
      4. Lt1 scoop seeLT1 Air Scoop
      5. Air Box removal 97 and pre
      6. Raised air box- Using washers under the air
      box.
      7. Egr- See
      8. Muffler Bypass-See Muffler Bypass
      9. !Ait- Tricking the computer to think its
      incoming air is only 57 degrees See
      10. Maf porting- Allows more air See
      11. Throttle bump stop- See
      Install university
      12. Free Ram Air Hood- Making the nostrills on
      a 98+ bird functional(my mod)
      sorry to bring this thread from dead but i have some questions. today i opened my airbox to change air-filter, i saw that one of my previous owners did the no. 1 mod already and he or she attempted no. 2 mod (free ram air mod). But it was really bad and only on right side of the lower airbox. it seemed like he or she just used a hammer and punched it to make a hole. so, there's like a 1" by 3" hole there. I was nervous and i took my car to the dealer and the dealer was telling me that i should get a new lower airbox housing or i will be sucking a lot of hot air. Q1. I am like WTF...isn't that the free air mod (when cut both sides)? so, Q2. by doing free air mod do we really suck in hot air? i also saw there are two radiator kind of thing...one is ac condensor then there is 1" gap and then radiator. Q3. my question is where does air actually comes up from the air deflector--is it infront of ac condensor or infront of radiator? Q4. if i do the ram-air mod , do i cut upto the condersor or all the way up the radiator?

Also, i want to know more information about mod no. 6 raised airbox, mod no. 8 muffler bypass,and no. 9 !Ait.i searched but didn't find any info that i can use to do the mod. Thanks guys...
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

anyone???
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

when you cut the bottom out of the airbox you can put weather stripping between the sides of the airbox and and the radiator mount. (what the airbox sits on).

this will help to make sure that you only draw air from the bottom (cold, fresh air from the lower air damn) and from the front of the air box. (air that gets through the stock nostrills on the hood.) Even though the nostrils 'seem' to be blocked by the hood latch mount air still gets in.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

What is the Drill mod, for manual guys?
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
              it makes ur clutch feel more direct for manual people, i think just search but from what i remember its really only worth it if ur changing ur clutch and stuff.

losing weight is free
              remove spare tire and jack, or gutting basically
              and the track mods like running on a gallon of gas
              remove drive belt
              unhook exhaust after cat

thats all i can remember ne way
              -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
                http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/howto/39021/

I did it on mine.
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Porting heads, throttle body, plenum, runners and regrinding the cam :D

Comment

Still have one question:

Originally posted by kala:
                    i took my car to the dealer and the dealer was telling me that i should get a new lower airbox housing or i will be sucking a lot of hot air. .........Q2. by doing free air mod do we really suck in hot air?
                    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

search drivetrain I did drill mod as well when I did my clutch and hydraulics...
                      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Still have one question:

quote:
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally posted by kala:
                        i took my car to the dealer and the dealer was telling me that i should get a new lower airbox housing or i will be sucking a lot of hot air. .........Q2. by doing free air mod do we really suck in hot air?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Odds are is the dealership guy is trying to make a sale (usually pretty pricey too). If its not too badly damaged, try cutting out rectangualar holes in the lower airbox, leaving about a 5/8" lip all the way around. That way if you do want to upgrade to a CAI, you've already done the cutting work. As for the "hot" air coming in, I wouldn't worry about it since so many ppl here have does this mod with no problems.
                        If you wanted to replace the lower air box, I'm sure someone who installed the K&N CAI would have one for sale.

[ February 08, 2006, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: xFirex99 ]
                        99 Firebird<br />On order: SLP CAI, Whisper Lid,<br />Flowmaster catback, K&N filter<br />50k

Comment

thanks a lot ...that's just what i wanted to know..
                          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Re: Post Your Free Mods

What exactly does removing the fins from the stock airbox do? Isn't there a reason for them being there? It doesn't seem like removing them would make any difference but i have no clue.
                            2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Comment

Re: Post Your Free Mods

you get more airflow, stock is restrictive
                              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X