Groaning Noise When Turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groaning Noise When Turning

Over the weekend I was parked too close to the curb and backed out over it pulling away. Didn't really seem like a big deal at the time, I figured the pot holes around me are probably worse than that. However, since then I've been hearing some type of groaning noise from the front right of my car only when I turn right.

I feel as though this would have less to do with the power steering as it would the suspension considering it only happens when turning right. Any advice?
    Last edited by u441105; 04-27-2009, 12:23 PM.

Re: Groaning Noise When Turning

yeah, jack the front up...get a friend or loved one to turn the steering wheel back and forth so you can figure out exactly where the sound is coming from.

Comment

I'm not very familiar with this area of the car, depending on what is making the noise how urgent is the need to get it replaced?

Are there any usual suspects to what could be making this noise?

Comment

Typically that sound comes from the tires rubbing on something. Have someone turn the steering wheel and watch to make sure the tire isn't rubbing anything. Possibly one of the fender liners is hanging a little low and the tire isn't clearing it.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Could be a bearing.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

or a tierod end or ball joint bumped just right

Comment

I won't be able to jack up my car til this weekend, I'll try to figure out where the noise is coming from then. I most likely will not be able to name the part by just by looking at it though :P

Comment

Originally posted by u441105 View Post
                I won't be able to jack up my car til this weekend, I'll try to figure out where the noise is coming from then. I most likely will not be able to name the part by just by looking at it though :P
                Camera?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll get some pictures of whatever I think the culprit is this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X