180* thermo installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180* thermo installed

might go to 160 later...but i'll tell you what, it was a snap..followed dominic (aka cardinal)'s install page, it was a snap. thanks dominic [img]smile.gif[/img]

temp guage sits a little lower than usual, that was after takin it out and about, after letting it heat up, so that's typical, knowing GM's wonderful guages...
    but, it's in!
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

I just did the same mod, it wasn't so easy cause the old gasket was stuck like a muddafudda. Car runs at just about 180 all the time (Not too much higher even in a drive thru with the AC on!). Perfect! Not to low, not to high, no SES light. Made the manual fan switch too, So i am my cars temp nazi now.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
      I just did the same mod, it wasn't so easy cause the old gasket was stuck like a muddafudda. Car runs at just about 180 all the time (Not too much higher even in a drive thru with the AC on!). Perfect! Not to low, not to high, no SES light. Made the manual fan switch too, So i am my cars temp nazi now.<hr></blockquote>
      i coulda used the same gasket, i shouldn't a bought one for 2 bucks from autozone...i used pliars ;)

Comment

Yeah it was a pain for me, cause you can't scratch up that aluminum too much, and I think someone glued the old gasket on. Its done right now though!
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

your manual fan switch...
          do you have both running on low, both running high, or one runnign high?

Comment

Im glad it worked well for you - the 180 is better than nothing but I love my 160.

If you want it to run cool as possible, go 160, although normally itll run like a 180 unless you change the radiator or live in a cold climate ;)
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I've heard that a 160* has a chance of keeping our cars in a closed loop (or is it an open loop?), is this true? If not, maybe I'll go for the 160* while I'm installing the manual fan mod.

[ April 23, 2002: Message edited by: CheapGuy ]</p>
              2000 Firebird M5<br />Ghetto lid<br />Lost the air silencer, told the wife \"Gee honey, must of fallen off somewhere\"<br />K&N filter<br />Dynomax cat back<br />Tinted windows<p>In stock but not installed yet:<br />SLP ram air hood<br />RK Sport headers<p>\"You want how much for that . .?\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> your manual fan switch...
                do you have both running on low, both running high, or one runnign high? <hr></blockquote>
                Its both low or both high, computer still controls it if needed. Mounted in the ashtray. I will take some pics soon, just got a digital camera.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I've heard that a 160* has a chance of keeping our cars in a closed loop (or is it an open loop?), is this true? If not, maybe I'll go for the 160* while I'm installing the manual fan mod. <hr></blockquote>
                I have heard that too, but a lot of people are running them without a problem. I heard if its too cold your engine wears more. Plus if it stays at 180 degrees, then why not use a 180 degree thermostat? I figure its the safest bet without going to one extreme or another.
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X