cant remove wiper arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant remove wiper arms.

Ive just got my used replacement wiper motor and i would like to try it out but the f*@king wiper arms WILL NOT come off....ive soaked them in PB blaster,pulled, pryed and tryed to yank the damn things off and nothing!!!! what the hell?!?!?!? any suggestions before i just say f*ck it and make the switch back to ford????

Re: cant remove wiper arms.

ahhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

They are a B!tch but I've taken mine off about 8 times now since I put 02' arms on my 96' Camaro. Just remove the screw I think 13mm or 1/2" and then the fun part is using a big flat head screwdriver and pry on the sides of the wiper up/ down , it will start to loosen coming up the pass. side I bend the wiper arm up with the hood down and wiggle it while prying up / down where the little rubber peice is you should be able to get it enough so it will make it pop up, drivers side hood up and watch the paint and hood. I used a couple of towels so I wouldn't damage the paint or hood. But you should be able to get in their with a big flat head screwdriver to pry it up.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

just takes time and patience getting those off. Mine were on pretty good when I tried to take them off last fall. lol
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          just takes time and patience getting those off. Mine were on pretty good when I tried to take them off last fall. lol
          That's correct. Take the flat blade and carefully twist on opposite sides of the mounting point. Eventually, they will loosen and pop right off. GM uses an "interference fit" along with the splines. You could also try LIGHTLY tapping on the stud with a small brass hammer to try and loosen them up.

Comment

i just found a tool that gm "makes" for removing the wipers. i tryed the screwdriver thing and i think i cracked the bottom of the windshield.

Comment

loos a bit like a modified gear puller/valve spring compressor.

Comment

thanks guys i got it off and the used motor works just fine now!!!!! i went and bought a 6 dollar 2 prong puller and it didnt work.....so i left the nut on there loose and beat it with a hammer.......red loc-tite sucks balls...wipers returning down when their off....for the mother****ing win!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X