simple free mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple free mods

this topic was started in another thread, but i thought it should be by itself.

what are some of the more common "free" or "very inexpensive" mods that everybody does?

i just got done re-doing the intake: remove bafflers, straight pipe to throttle body. What's this "heater" and free "ram air" mod i've heard about.

any others?

Re: simple free mods

search link is for searching. http://forum.camarov6.com/search.php

Comment

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

all you newbies have to learn how to seach:slap:

BAD NEWB:excited:
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i *think* the heater mod is when people take hose and stick it in their springs or something like that

Comment

nevermind, that didn't help at all.

i'll just stick with the $$ ones.

Comment

I was the one who brought it up in your other thread so here you go
              heater hose mod-suspension mod that lowers your car 1/2 in the rear
              http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=82033
              Free ram-air
              http://www.fbody.com/tech/details.cgi?id=54
              chopped stock antenna if you don't like the huge stocker: i think you can handle that one with out a write up :)

Comment

thank you for the informative reply screamin 99.

the antenna was one of the first things i did, though i don't really consider it a "mod". :) it was a power one, but didn't go down all the way. i jsut replaced it with a manual one and keep it in the down position. haven't had a problem since.

Comment

nimrod posted a pretty good link, but if you don't know how to link it, it doesn't look like what you were looking for. below is a link straight to tons of install docs that you can look through and some are free while others are cheap.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins..._documents.htm

Comment

thanks.
                    i tried that link and didn't quite get it at first.
                    after doing some more searching (here and ls1tech) i've figured it out and am going to try this mod this weekend!

hope it goes well!

Comment

which mod, the heater hose mod?

Comment

yeah.

i just got done with the ram air mod. i think i made it more difficult than it should have been. i spend forever messing with that plastic flap in front of the radiator (under air box). i first cut the split looking part, but didn't like that and thought more needed cut. i couldn't cut it right while it was installed, so it took a long time and a few choice words taking the freakin thing out completely. i put it all back together, thought about it and wasn't really sure i wanted to keep it like that. all i could envision was the air going in a circle instead of a straight pass through the bottom of the filter. with all that plastic off, the air really isn't directed anywhere. so, off the car, i cut some more off that funky plastic piece. the angled part on it that sits below the hood hinge assembly is what i really wanted back on. it seems to direct the air. it probably doesn't matter, like i said, i think i put to much thought into it...
                        anywho, so with the new cut piece i tried to re-install it. what a pain!!! that took forever was very aggrevating, but i was able to get it all back together and i'm pretty happy with the results. especially the price!

Comment

oh, forgot to mention...

i'm going to try and tackle the heater hose mod tomorrow. i'm going to go get my supplies before i go golf.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            2 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X