starter broke while seafoaming car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter broke while seafoaming car

So after running seafoam through the brake booster vacuum hose I let sit it for 15 minutes like it says to do so. After the 15 minutes were up I tried to start the car up and I heard soemthing break and the car never started. The starter didn't actually break, just the housing around the teeth that covers them. Anyone why it would just break like that? Is it bad for the seafoam to be sitting for hours?
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Re: starter broke while seafoaming car

did you hydro lock your engine?

it sure sounds like that to me

Comment

Probably just coincidence. Just replace the starter and see what happens.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

coincidence seafoam didn't do it
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

So I replaced the starter and it started right up. I had a ticking noise that i've had that went away after running for about 5 seconds, but came back the next morning.
          <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

So I replaced the starter and it started right up. I had a ticking noise that i've had that went away after running for about 5 seconds, but came back the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
              did you hydro lock your engine?

it sure sounds like that to me
              sorry but.....................whahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4orNothing View Post
                sorry but.....................whahahahahahahahaha
                ????

think about it, putting a liquid into the engine, stalling it out on purpose, then the next time you try and start it, the starter breaks?

that sure as hell would make me freak out that i just hydrolocked my engine by accidentally putting too much seafoam in

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                  ????

think about it, putting a liquid into the engine, stalling it out on purpose, then the next time you try and start it, the starter breaks?

that sure as hell would make me freak out that i just hydrolocked my engine by accidentally putting too much seafoam in
                  you rite,,sorry,, i was high on the cake

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    2 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X