Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks and Struts?

Hey,
    Whenever i have people sitting in the back of my car, or anything heavy in the back, when i go over a bump i hear this loud BOOM from the back right... I'm thinkin my shock is gone and its either the shock making the noise or the tire hitting the wheel well. I'm gunna replace all the shocks/struts if thats the case cus they're all really, really old.
    I was just curious how much i should be looking to spend, if its easy enough for me to do, and what kind i should get (stock or aftermarket). Whats good?
    Fill me in, Kevin.
    -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Your tire won't hit anything; there is a bump-stop there to prevent that. It sounds more like your springs are worn. Either way, your choice of new shocks/struts/springs all depend on what you want your car to do. If you want to maintain a relatively soft, smooth ride you better stay with stock. If you want performance, go with performance parts. It's basically that simple. If you go performance, it is your own taste that will lead you to the right parts.
    1996 Camaro w/ Y87 package. T-Tops, purple, loaded. Custom painted salad-shooters with Mirage paint.<br /><br />(It\'s my girlfriends car!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X