Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need A/C help

Originally posted by 3.4orNothing View Post
    enjoy it,,,and yes,,low refrig can cause you run hot very hot.
    im confused by this post

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
      im confused by this post
      Near perfect sense to me. Grammatically using "you" in its correct sense by referring to the person, though, "run" is probably referring to either basal body temperature or to the perceived body temperature of the person whom is sitting in the car. The person is hot because the car possesses inadequate refrig[erant] to allow the air conditioning system to function correctly, thus resulting in uncomfortably high temperatures inside the passenger compartment of the F-Body.

Comment

Originally posted by landj View Post
        Near perfect sense to me. Grammatically using "you" in its correct sense by referring to the person, though, "run" is probably referring to either basal body temperature or to the perceived body temperature of the person whom is sitting in the car. The person is hot because the car possesses inadequate refrig[erant] to allow the air conditioning system to function correctly, thus resulting in uncomfortably high temperatures inside the passenger compartment of the F-Body.
        ok lol i was thinking they were trying to say the car will run hot

:slap: to me

Comment

Does the A/C struggle when it gets above 90 degress outside? Mine does and everything looks good when I hook up the gages. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fishin View Post
            Does the A/C struggle when it gets above 90 degress outside? Mine does and everything looks good when I hook up the gages. Any suggestions? Thanks.
            What temp is it blowing out, I checked mine and it was about 40 degrees blowing out.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what color is your car?

my girlfriends car is black, and her ac doesnt seem to work well, but when i use a thermometer the temp comes out the same as my old silver car that has extremely cold ac.

Comment

probably have a clogged orifice tube

Comment

First thing to check, is the air compressor actually turning, look at the front pulley on the air compressor, it has to turn. If so, feel the metal receiver/dryer tank just at the front side of the AC box under the bonnet, it should get real cold and sweat from water condensing on the outside. If all this is happening, you may have an airlflow diverter dashpot not working right.

car rentals gold coast
                  Last edited by Alston14; 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Need A/C help

Installed new evaporator, expansion valve, accumulator and compressor. I get cool air but it's just not cold enough. High and low side numbers are good. 97 Firebird. The door selector valve is switching between hot and cold. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Car is the lighter green color. Orfice tube was replaced and the reciever/dryer sweats real well. Had the car since 98 and although it was never a great a/c unit, it worked much better. Where is the air airflow diverter dashpot? Clutch engages fine on the new compressor. I almost thing the evaporator in these things are just not adequate because everything seems to check out fine.

Comment

What's the temperature at the center vent? Mine is about 40-42 degrees, medium fan speed, in the garage (or shade), ambient temp is about 70 degrees. You should let the AC run for several minutes to ensure the vent ducts are cold before trusting the temp. reading.

As for the airflow diverter dashpot, I think they mean the temperature control for the HVAC.

I just did the whole AC replacement on the wife's Dodge Grand Caravan, and it's also at 42 degrees. So I think 40-ish is about right for at-the-dash temperature.
                        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Also, when you replaced all those parts, did you put the correct amount of oil, vacuum the system, and add the correct amount of refrigerant?

How is the accumulator temperature? It should be downright cold. If it's just cool, there's a problem.
                          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Nevermind above with the accumulator, I missed the part where you said it sweats real well. So it must be pretty cold then. Make sure the outside temperature is not super hot when you are taking readings.

Comment

Has anyone had to replace the blender cable and the door? My a/c works fine by the specs but the air is just not that cold.

Comment

Have you tried adding more freon? Mine took 2 1/2 cans to fill it.
                                Last edited by ssms5411; 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM.
                                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X