Car is falling apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is falling apart

I dont know wtf is going on with my car but it and the dealership are really starting to piss me off. I have so many problems with it and i have been to the dealership at least 10 times with ABSOLUTELY nothing done to correct it.

Problems:
    1) MAJOR miss in the engine (or something close) causing my car to vibrate like in Jurassic Park or some **** when they are getting chased by dinosaurs

2) Tensioner Pulley (sp?) or something on the that loop is making this god-awful wining noise everytime i cold start the car (its now starting to do it on every start) and goes away after car is on for a bit

3) Half my interior is the horrid faded color while the rest of it looks like brand new

4) I dont even think i have any weather seals on my car (or at least thats what it sounds like) because when i am going down the freeway or highway way it sounds like the window is wide open...

5) My clutch is making this FUBAR noise that they THINK is the throw-out berring (sp?). Sounds like a damn blender when the clutch is depressed.

so as you can see my new car (25,000 miles on it) is sounding and in some places lookin like $hit. What makes it all so so so bad is that everytime i take it into the dealership they either give me some bull**** excuse or fix something that has nothing to do with the problem in the first place...

I love the Camaro but i am seriously starting to get worried because my warranty runs out it october and so far nothing is being done to fix these problems... :(
    !! Drive it like you stole it !!<br /><br />I believe forgiving them is gods function, our job is to arrange the meeting <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.azclubgp.com/garage.php?mode=viewgarage&u=202\" target=\"_blank\">2002 GTP 40th Anniversary Edition Sedan</a> <br />-------------<br />Mods:<br />3.4\" Pulley<br />rigged K&N Filter<br />14.3 et

All very normal problems you should be able to fix yourself. GM is not known for their customer service.

The miss is either plug(s)/wire(s)/coil(s).

The whining can usually be fixed with some belt spray and/or grease.

The interior sounds like it needs some TLC. Try some Armor All to keep it from fading more.

There is a lot or road/wind noise with our cars. Replace the seal if it bothers you that much, or just turn the stereo up.

The TO bearing is always going to make an annoying noise. I wouldn't worry about it till the clutch goes out. Checking out the TO bearing requires removing the tranny, and nobody wants to do that if they don't have to.
    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Welcome to the club. I goto fix on problem and halway in realize something else is broken or in worse shape so I goto it instead and the cycle repeats. ahhhhhh

Comment

my list of broken crap on my car is far more extensive then yours [img]smile.gif[/img]

consider yourself lucky
        ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

falling apart you say? lol...

whining noise - check for belt wear.
          getting any codes? if it's vibrating most likely there are some codes

get the clutch checked by professional.

Comment

I just had to replace my tranmission so you should all stfu [img]smile.gif[/img]

Runs like new now though, after Ive replaced practically everything that could go bad in 100,000 miles now...
            \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

I'm not listing this to be an A**, just trying to help a brother out.

I beleive (sp believe) forgiving them is gods funtion (sp function), our jobs (job) is to arrange the meeting
              Because it is in your sig like that, I wanted to help you in case you hadn't re-read it. Please don't take this the wrong way, as we all make typo's.
              1996 3.8 Firebird with some mods

Comment

ha, i havent even noticed it. Thanks, ill fix it
                !! Drive it like you stole it !!<br /><br />I believe forgiving them is gods function, our job is to arrange the meeting <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.azclubgp.com/garage.php?mode=viewgarage&u=202\" target=\"_blank\">2002 GTP 40th Anniversary Edition Sedan</a> <br />-------------<br />Mods:<br />3.4\" Pulley<br />rigged K&N Filter<br />14.3 et

Comment

i got 35000 on myy car and heres what has been replaced
                  throw out bearing
                  BOTH power window regulators
                  cat converter
                  and ignition module

oh and i had to replace the coils.
                  i hope this info helps you
                  help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Comment

and guess what? they never replaced the cat. and now the throwout bearing just ate my clutch. :mad: :mad: [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] :mad: [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                    help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Comment

Originally posted by badbird02:
                      and guess what? they never replaced the cat. and now the throwout bearing just ate my clutch. :mad: :mad: [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] :mad: [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                      did they charge you for the cat????

SUE lol
                      www.turbov6camaro.com
                      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

no its just a pain to know that they did not do the work

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X