weird noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird noise

latelly ive been hearing like a whining noise from my car so i thought i needed to change the belt and now its even louder it almost sounds like a supercharger but now its starting to annoy me i changed my tensor and idler pulleys and nothing any ideas on wat it can be?

Re: weird noise

power steering fluid???

Comment

Get a length of hose or a mechanic's stethoscope and listen to each pulley to isolate the problem.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

do you have a 3.8?

that noise is somewhat normal for the 3800 engine

Comment

Alternator bearings can sound like a jet which sounds cool

Comment

is it a squeak or a howl?

a squeak would be a pulley, unless its SHOT. a howl would be more of a power steering issue. does it do it more when you turn your steering wheel? or just makes noises regardless..

I guess with the new belt being on putting more strain on the pulleys. try doing what ROB BELL said... but move your steering wheel or have someone do it and listen...

if push comes to shove, you can do a process of elimination. spray a little WD-40 on one pulley at a time (behind). and see if the squeak stops. Just a thought.

Archer
            MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
            http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

wheel bearing maybe?Is it when your driving?...just gonna have to eliminate things one by one

Comment

Alternators tend to make a whistling kind of whine on cooler or moist days. Also check power steering fluid level, check for any stiff pulleys, etc.
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Mine sounded like that before my tensioner pulley went out.
                  Leonard
                  www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                  sigpic

Comment

well im guess its like a supercharger sound i can hear it when i gun it like at 3000 rpm i was thinking it was the alt pulley but i cant seem to find that pulley anywhere but my car never usto do that sound till a month ago it sounds nice but getting annoying

Comment

Like others on here, mine has always had a faint, high-pitched whine, like a turbo. So I don't worry about it, I just enjoy the sound. But if your whine suddenly started out of nowhere, look into it quickly before something fails and leaves you stranded.
                      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yes thats wat im afraid of but it just got loud when the belt idk if dayco is just a loud belt ill prob get a gatorback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X