Do I have enough clearance to use ramps? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have enough clearance to use ramps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have enough clearance to use ramps?

Ok, I have a 94 Camaro with P245/ 50-R16 tires on it. I've been thinking about getting some ramps to ease undercar maintenance. I'm not sure if I have enough clearance though.

All the ramps I can find seems like the slope is too sharp to get the car up on them easily and without scraping. Anybody have any experience with this car, tires, and ramps?

Any help is appreciated.

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: nova ]</p>

I got my car up on a set of ramps without scratching the bottom. If you can't make it though, just jack the car up and put the ramps under it.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

I HAVE ramps and they don't work! i cannot get my car up on them because it's too low. I just cut four foot sections of 2x4's and put two on each and extended the ramp! they work great....
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I have ramps and just barely rub when rolling back down. I feel much more comfortable working under a car with ramps rated at 6500lbs than 2 jack stands rated at 2500lbs.
        RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

I hear ya! I actually have four ramps for my car. I roll it up on two, then jack it up to put the other two under the tires. Jack stands make me nervous as hell. Only time I'll ever use them is when I won't be under the car!
          Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Two words for you. Rhino Ramps. Gettem at pep boys, I went through 3 or 4 different ramps before I found these. Go really slow, and you won't rub.
            2000 Firebird M5<br />Ghetto lid<br />Lost the air silencer, told the wife \"Gee honey, must of fallen off somewhere\"<br />K&N filter<br />Dynomax cat back<br />Tinted windows<p>In stock but not installed yet:<br />SLP ram air hood<br />RK Sport headers<p>\"You want how much for that . .?\"

Comment

On the two ramps I got from Napa, I couldnt go up them front first. I had to put the car in reverse and back up the ramps slowly.
              1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

I had some i forgto what brand, they used to rub in the front, but they never scratched or caused damage, the ones i had were bright yellow. I gave them ot my old roomate, since i have 4 jack stands and no reverse, they became pretty useless to me, and hard to store in my 4rd story apartment.

Comment

I doubt any ramps will work with my GFX, I've already tried 2 sets... :(

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Personally I'd rather just have a lift installed in my garage but... :D

Comment

Rhino ramps work perfectly - $25 @ Walmart w00!
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Rhino Ramps work well for me.

Did anyone who posted about problems with ramps use Rhinos?
                        2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

my dad has a set of rhino ramps from wal-mart and I can't use them.. I guess if I were to get some 2/4's on the ground and "extend" them they might work. I don't think my car has been lowered but I'm not exacty sure.. I do however beleve that my springs might have collapsed.. not sure though..
                          I think I'm the only one that has ever had trouble with rhino ramps..
                          -Brad
                          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                          :rock:

Comment

They actually do sell the rhino ramp extenders seperatly. From what I've heard, they work really well.
                            - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Yep Rhino ramps alright! I have 275/40 17s (not that it makes too much difference what tire size unless its too small) and it rolls right up on there no problem. No extenders needed.
                              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X