major problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major problems

This weekend, I put in a transmission cooler, changed the oil and repositioned my powersteering pump. I had to buy a new resevoir and finally got to check out my car running wise. Drove it around a bit and it started smoking. Looked at it, had a small tranny fluid leak at the cooler fixed it. The smoke i just thought was power steering fluid burning off the engine since it splattered everywhere. Jacked up the car tightened up the oil pan bolt really tight and double checked everything. Cleaned up and took it for another drive. The Y pipe right at the collector in back of the oil pan and cat keep smoking, and it appears oil is leaking from somewhere but I can't pinpoint it, i looked and looked. It almost looks like the muffler had some oil on it too. It didn't do this before I changed the oil. Does anyone know what this problem could be related to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

maybe you used the wrong size filter?
    Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

nope, pf47, there was oil all over everything i cleaned it up and i'm stumped, it almost seems like oil is coming in the exhaust internally but I don't know. nothing seems to be leaking anymore and it still continues to smoke. I'm stumped

Comment

Ted, first off, clean that whole undercarriage spotless! Use degreaser. That's the only way you're going to find a leak. Let it dry and look at it. See anything shiny and you found it. If you still can't find it, Idle the engine to operating temp. Now look around for the leak. I bet you'll find it. I vote for the filter.
        \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

this may sound stupid but i had the problem with the oils sensor spitting oil out
          My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

I have had that prob before too, just not with my 'bird. I had an older V8 car that started to leak oil like a b***h. It ended up being the oil pressure sender on the back of the block, but I don't know where it is on the late model cars.
            1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

Thanks for the replys, rechecked over some things, cleaned it off really good, not with degreaser yet. It doesn't seem to be leaking anymore and/or smoking out of the CAT and Y-pipe, maybee it was just taking a long time to burn some of the leaks off. I dunno, i'm going to keep a really close eye on it. Thanks for the help though.

Ted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X