Mechanic says my car is "flooding out" what's causing this? how can i fix it? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mechanic says my car is "flooding out" what's causing this? how can i fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic says my car is "flooding out" what's causing this? how can i fix it?

He says it's flooding out. And when i floor it, it bogs down.. but at half throttle it feels like it's flying. think a sensor is going bad? or think it's had some computer work done? help please i wanna get this fixed fast
    1993 240sx 5 speed, Super Hicas, LSD, Stock for now<br />Sold-1995 Red T-Top 3.4 Camaro<br />Totaled-1997 Jade Green Cavalier 2.2 auto

ttt
    1993 240sx 5 speed, Super Hicas, LSD, Stock for now<br />Sold-1995 Red T-Top 3.4 Camaro<br />Totaled-1997 Jade Green Cavalier 2.2 auto

Comment

Are you getting spark knock? If so then your knock sensor is picking this up and pulling timing out of the car. As you give it less gas it gets better? I had a bad knock sensor. It was pulling 14 degrees of timing out, made the car slower as i gave her more gas.

Just my .02
      94 CAMARO 3.4 M5, PACESETTER 3\" CAT BACK, HOMEADE CAI W/K&N FILTER<br />HIGH FLOW CAT, CLEAR CORNERS, WADE CLEAR HEADLIGHT COVERS,HOOKER 3\" DUAL TIPS<br /> <br />68 Z/28 ALL THE GOODIES<br />70 Olds Cutlass 310 hp factory 350<br />74 Dodge Dart 340 drag car

Comment

what do i do to fix it?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 94V6ER:
          Are you getting spark knock? If so then your knock sensor is picking this up and pulling timing out of the car. As you give it less gas it gets better? I had a bad knock sensor. It was pulling 14 degrees of timing out, made the car slower as i gave her more gas.

Just my .02
          <hr></blockquote>

the knock sensor has nothing to do with fuel delivery.
          possible causes: faulty ECT, IAT, TPS, IAC, O2, MAF, MAP, VSS sensor; faulty quad driver circuit in pcm, faulty or leaking fuel injector, faulty fuel pressure regulator...

you need to get someone with a scan tool (that will know what they are looking at) to look at it.
          ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

ok thanx
            i'm getting it scanned wednesday

Comment

in the meantime you could check fuel press and compare to spec. to test press regulator.
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X