Timing Advance Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Advance Kit?

saw this today, what is it? anyone have something to say about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...842643&r=0&t=0
    KevinC<br />1999 Silver SS Vert<br />K&N Filter, MTI Carbon Fiber Lib, GMAF, HPP3, APC Clear Corner Turn-Signals, Zaino, Mobil 1<p>SOLD -Y2K Y87 Bright Red Camaro<br />Mods: B&B TriFlow Quad Cat-Back, Whisper Lid, Free Ram Air, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Raised Lid, Red/Black Pedals, Red Wire Loom, Reflective Concepts Rear Letter Fill-in, Zaino, Red Calipers with brushed Camaro decals; Mobil 1 Synths, Tinted Windows,<a href=\"http://www.nobispro.com/carpics/pics/Camaro%20V6%20dot%20Com%20decal.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">CamaroV6.com Mod</a>,

It is a little resistor that makes your car think its colder out so it advances the timing. I think I have noticed a little increase but not much, if it works its going to be like 1-2 HP.

I forgot the resistor size to get, but you can get liek 10 resitors for $0.07 at radioshack, and put unhook your IAT(Intake Air Temp) sensor on your intake and put the resistor inside it. I think the normal resitor is 4.7k ohms, I tried something that was lower but I forgot the difference and it did make more of a difference then the 4.7kohm one.

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY IT. You can do it yourself with some electrical tape and a part you can get 10 of for less then a dime. Literally something you can get a dime a dozen. Whoever puts it up has been dong it for months, everytime I type in f-body I get 30 of those things listed.

Comment

I figuered as much. hmm, Ill have to look into this mods a little more. Every little bit counts .
      KevinC<br />1999 Silver SS Vert<br />K&N Filter, MTI Carbon Fiber Lib, GMAF, HPP3, APC Clear Corner Turn-Signals, Zaino, Mobil 1<p>SOLD -Y2K Y87 Bright Red Camaro<br />Mods: B&B TriFlow Quad Cat-Back, Whisper Lid, Free Ram Air, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Raised Lid, Red/Black Pedals, Red Wire Loom, Reflective Concepts Rear Letter Fill-in, Zaino, Red Calipers with brushed Camaro decals; Mobil 1 Synths, Tinted Windows,<a href=\"http://www.nobispro.com/carpics/pics/Camaro%20V6%20dot%20Com%20decal.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">CamaroV6.com Mod</a>,

Comment

yea I just did that mod this weekend...didn't really see much but a little better throttle response...real easy to do

Comment

oh and give you 10hp...yea...right. But if you ever decide to use N2O then you MUST take it off.

Comment

basically it tricks the IAT into thinking the air coming in is colder, thusly advancing the timing.
            total crock...
            only reads like 55* air coming in, so it's not that great
            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
              basically it tricks the IAT into thinking the air coming in is colder, thusly advancing the timing.
              total crock...
              only reads like 55* air coming in, so it's not that great
              <hr></blockquote>

actually the slp iat module reads 35degF, according to the tech2 scan tool. this mod does allow pcm to use more advanced ign timing when possible, but keep in mind that when the knock sensor detects detonation, the pcm will cut ign timing advance accordingly.
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

How exactly do you do this? I can go get the resistors tomorrow, and would love to do this mod.
                \'99 SDime reg. cab stepside<br />4.3/auto/3.42 open<br />Performance: 2.5\" from the y into a Magnaflow, modded stock airbox, MAF mod<br />Exterior: dropped 2/1, Gen 2 hood, clear corners, euro tails, billet bowtie, Xtreme wheels, shaved emblems

Comment

get the proper resistor (don't remember which one), take out the wire going into your lid and plug the resistor into it. That's it.

oh and btw, in order to keep the wire in place I wrapped it around the rubber connector so it wouldn't fall onto the engine. :eek:

Comment

Don't buy anything from that guy, camaroperformanceindustries! :mad: Like others said, he's selling 7 cent resistors and shipping the via USPS 34 cents! The bastard is a theif who's scamming people out of their money! :mad: He scammed one of my members with that Advance Timing Kit BS! Legal action is being taken against him!
                    Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

i don't see what good legal action would do in this case... the part does do what it is intended. lower iat readings at the pcm will result in more no-load ign timing advance. he is not really advertising falsely. will a resistor work instead of this product? sure. should consumers think for themselves and beware of people trying to rip them off? sure. we don't need to be clogging our legal system with stuff that happened because people did not think for themselves and educate themselves. it's happening too much already.
                      ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X