Still hoping for an answer about those hatch motors.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still hoping for an answer about those hatch motors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still hoping for an answer about those hatch motors....

Late 80's Firebirds had a motor that sealed the rear hatch for you (like Cadillacs). The one in my F-body doesn't work. It has power. Either there is a way to fix it or modify it. Whenever you hit a bump, pothole, etc, you hear the rear hatch squeak and rattle. Over time, it has also warped the rear hatch hinges causing the hatch to sit 1/2" back than intended causing a bad seal. I have the new hinges but I don't want to replace them until I can solve the problem with the motor.
    Help...

Go 2 a junk yard get a new motor.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I agree with Blue flame - get a new hatch motor. I had a 87 bird nearly 10 years and the motor never went out, though some of my friends had their hatch motor die. IMO, the reason mine lasted was because I never slammed the hatch down. I just closed the hatch until it clicked and then the motor pulled it down tight - never had a problem with leakage, rattle or squeak.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I have tried this and after three different motors, no luck. They all had strip gears because people would slam the hatch closed instead of letting the car do the work, go figure.
        Anyone have one that I can get a hold of?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X