1991 camaro rs 3.1 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 camaro rs 3.1 problem

ok i bought a 1991 camaro 3.1 rs. The guy i bought it off of said he had to replaced the computer in it because it was fried. Since i have bought it i have had idling and overheating problems.
    Since i bought it i have replaced all the sensors, replaced the egr valve, and replaced the thermostat.
    I was wondering if he might have put a wrong computer causing all the problems. Maybe something to do with the distributer?

Re: 1991 camaro rs 3.1 problem

Hi guy,first thing to do is search online with the part number on your ECU and check if it is for the vehicle,the next thing is your vehicle Carb or Injected if Injected check your Idle Air Control Valve and alsoare the fans coming on?
    They are alot of things for you to go through but one step at a time,ECU check first to make sure it is the correct one,give some more info on your ride like Carb or Injected Distributor or DIS etc..

Comment

OK everything i can think has been changed except the distributor. Is changing the Distributor hard job.

Comment

Originally posted by odommcdee View Post
        OK everything i can think has been changed except the distributor. Is changing the Distributor hard job.
        no, you just need to make sure you mark where the rotor is when you take it out so you can properly install the new one without messing your timing up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          2 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X