Testing injectors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing injectors??

What kind of tool would be needed to tell if an injector isnt working properly??and could a bad injector cause a light pinging???

Re: Testing injectors??

You can probably use an advanced scanner - but you'd have to bring it to a shop
    Leonard
    www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
    sigpic

Comment

try unpluging the one you think is bad if the noise goes away you found it

Comment

You can use a mulitimeter and use the ohm setting, just put one prong on each side and the injector should be between 12-20 ohms. This will tell you if it is working , but doesn't tell you if it is clogged. I had a clogged injector for about a year before It was found and replaced. Would throw out PO300 all the time. I replaced just about everything until it was finally found by accident.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what were the symptoms of your clogged injector ssms5411 beside the code??

Comment

Actron Model CP7819 Fuel Injector & Harness Tester

I got mine a few yrs ago, helped find 2 dead injectors when I was doing the 3800 swap. Cheap price, and more inportantly, it works. With injector testing, you can trigger an injector once or multiple times (3 clicks)
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X