Should seafoam smoke this much??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should seafoam smoke this much??

So i seafoamed my car today through the brake booster,and when i started it back up it smoked alot more then i thought for a car with only 65000mi on it, it blew thick white smoke for about 5 mins,then i took it for a liberal drive and it stopped.is this normal?and how long should i put it in the crankcase for if i decide to do that for a noisy lifter??

Re: Should seafoam smoke this much??

Originally posted by LEOMAC23 View Post
    So i seafoamed my car today through the brake booster,and when i started it back up it smoked alot more then i thought for a car with only 65000mi on it, it blew thick white smoke for about 5 mins,then i took it for a liberal drive and it stopped.is this normal?and how long should i put it in the crankcase for if i decide to do that for a noisy lifter??
    It should smoke accordingly to how much buildup and time has passed since it was last cleaned, if ever. A car at that mileage could smoke a little or a lot, all depending on how it is driven and has been driven in the past. When I did mine at 80k, it smoked heavily for a good 5 minutes and puffed for about 10 afterward. It stopped about the time I drove out of the lot.

If you're putting it into the oil, I wouldn't keep it in for over 150 miles personally. I kept mine in somewhere around 120 miles and it came out as clear as it went in. Just read the writeup about it and you'll get a fair understanding of how long to use it for and what to expect. Everything sounds normal so far. :)
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Yeah my car with 95k smoked for a good ten minutes then trailed for another 10 before I took it for a drive. On the way to the highway it stopped smoking.

I think your situation is pretty normal.

As for the oil, I put it in for maybe 50 miles then took it out. I have an oil leak somewhere in my system and I didn't want to make it any worse. I think 250 miles like they said to is a bit too long.

Comment

thanks for the answers, did you see results after putting it in the oil? can it really stop lifter tick?

Comment

Originally posted by LEOMAC23 View Post
          it blew thick white smoke for about 5 mins,then i took it for a liberal drive and it stopped.is this normal?
          I had the fire dept called on me. Neighbors thought my camaro was on fire!
          sigpic

Comment

I've heard that the Seafoam can help clear up a lifter tick but I've never had any experience with this.

Comment

when i did my camaro about the same miles i smoked up the whole block lmfao
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I think I'm gonna go do it to my car for fun.. I think a shop had it about 5k miles before I bought it that said the TB was dirty, so says a receipt. I'll make a video if my battery isn't dead.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X