Best Chip for 97 3.8L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Chip for 97 3.8L?

Well, im starting to Mod my 97 FV6 3.8L up, and am getting some Ideas, I currently plan for 80 Series Exhaust, Air Intake, I want a Chip.
    What Companys are out there than make the best chip for my Car, I hear JET sucks..then theres talk of ASE, I dunno..lemme know.
    Thanks.
    ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

there isnt one for a 1997
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

So am I screwed in this area of mods? or can I use another years?
      ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

Comment

We are screwd in this area, sorry dude, you can not use other years, but they are other things to do dont worry. ;)

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: 97Pcam6 ]</p>
        Email: Preki1212@hotmail.com

Comment

Check with superchips.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

You can get a custom job done from ASE for a little over 400 dollars. I think you have to send your computer in, I think. I think Superchips is the same way. You probably wouldn't want to do this until you had all your mods together so you could give the company the info to tune your computer to the best they can. What I'm talking about is gears, transmission, headers, cam, heads,etc.... It all depends on what you want.
            1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Why doesn't everyone go to Jet or Superchips and request that they make one. If enough people do, they might start making them..
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                Why doesn't everyone go to Jet or Superchips and request that they make one. If enough people do, they might start making them..<hr></blockquote>

AMEN!!!! I wish they at least had a Power Programmer for our cars!

But hey, look @ it this way....what years are the fastest cars on this board???

James and Keith's 97 Birds!!! See? You dont need a chip to go fast!!! =)

Comment

Actually I think there is something out there for our 97 V6's its not a real type of chip or computer programming but its the caspers TPS enhancer. For the 97 its different though, you dont want to get it out of the summit racing catalog, you would want to go to the grand prix store online. Ours is a inline 3 pin connector for others which summit sells is the circular connector with the 3 pins in a triangle inside of it. I think the website is www.grandprixstore.com.
                  Best of luck
                  Edelbrock Exhaust System<br />SLP Air Temp Module<br />K&N Filter<br />Lingenfelter Cold Air Induction<br />B&M Shift+<br />3.42 Motive Gears<br />Zexel-Torsen Limited Slip Diff.<br />Texas Speed Retuned PCM<br />180 Degree Thermostat

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by smhcamaro :
                    Actually I think there is something out there for our 97 V6's its not a real type of chip or computer programming but its the caspers TPS enhancer. For the 97 its different though, you dont want to get it out of the summit racing catalog, you would want to go to the grand prix store online. Ours is a inline 3 pin connector for others which summit sells is the circular connector with the 3 pins in a triangle inside of it. I think the website is www.grandprixstore.com.
                    Best of luck <hr></blockquote>

It's a cheap mod that really doesn't do a whole lot. You can also get it from SLP or RK Sport. One thing about it is that in some cars, such as mine, it cuts off the air conditioning. So, it might not be something that you would want to invest in specially since it doesn't really do anything. They claime 5-7 HP but I didn't really notice anything.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                    Why doesn't everyone go to Jet or Superchips and request that they make one. If enough people do, they might start making them.. <hr></blockquote>

We have been calling them. I remember I called Superchips in June and they said they were coming out with something around the time of Holloween. Holloween came and no programmer. It's all [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] . I think the problem is that they said they can't get enough power out of the tuning and also that our 95 1/2-97 computers are real hard to hack.
                    Don't put faith or hope in those companies or into a programmer coming out any time soon. It might happen sometime but for the time being the only choice is for a custom job.
                    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X