Window problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window problem!!

So I got my alarm installed this past Sunday. And everything was normal when it went in.

Now my driver side window will go down about a 1/4 inch and stop. If I press the button just right it will kinda make a grinding sound. But the thing is it won't go back up. It just won't move. I'm clueless on what to do.

I can hear the relays or w/e clicking if I hold the switch for about 10 sec it starts to get hot and smell, So the switch is good and the motor gets some kind of power. But why won't it go back up? Could it be off the track or something or is it time for a new motor. Cause i'm about to put a new motor on the passenger side. Thank you very much for all the help!

Re: Window problem!!

Sounds like its motor Time.

Comment

take out the motor, connect to battery, see if it runs. More then likely its time for a new motor though

Comment

thanx for the quick responses guys. I can count on yall everytime. Before long ima have to start paying yall for this ish.

Comment

i wouldnt mind some $$ ill pm you my paypal haha

Comment

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

this is your new best friend

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

**** window motors man mine was a whore i would rather pull my engine rebuild it then put it back in..
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Something might be binding in the track. I would take the door panel off and see what exactly it does. Then try spraying some silicone lubricant on the track and see if that helps. If that doesn't work then maybe it IS time for a new motor. But test the motor first, and make sure the connections to it are all good. It takes a lot of power and a bad connection will cause problems.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                  **** window motors man mine was a whore i would rather pull my engine rebuild it then put it back in..
                  haha, same here.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Its the motor!!

If you got skinny arms, your in luck! Mine wasn't toooo bad. Hahah
                    Goodluck with it!

Comment

argh My arms aren't the smallest, but a good buddy of mine is skin and bones and is also an f-body enthuisast. So I decided to order 2 news motors off ebay. Had lifetime warranty. Will update once installed and will probably whine before so cause i'm having more problems. Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X