Need help from the best enthusiast ever. The F-body v6 ones! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help from the best enthusiast ever. The F-body v6 ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from the best enthusiast ever. The F-body v6 ones!

Hello guys well every time I post a question here plenty of people reply fairly quickly and answer my questions to the fullest. That is why I have come here for your help. Well my dads birthday was yesterday and he drives a 2000 5.4 triton V8 but yeah being that gas is so expensive over here in California he had his eyes on this Blue 1995 2.3 Z24 Cavalier 5 Spd. So me and my brother went halfsies and purchased it for him. He was happy but this wouldn't last very long. This morning we were replacing certain wear and tear items and checking to make sure all the fluids and everything was fine and that is when we noticed that there was a problem that none of us had encountered before so here it goes. Okay so you turn on the emergency lights and all the turn signals front and back right an left are working and blinking like they should be. But lets say you turn off the emergency lights and you put your left turn signal on they don't blink they just turn on and I noticed its like this inside the cabin to. If you put the right one on the dash tells us that it is blinking and it does that by making the right green arrow inside the dash blink. But when we put the left turn signal on, the one inside the cabin just turns on but doesn't blink. So would of any of you know why they would all work fine with the emergency lights but the left ones just turn on and not blink at all when the turn signal is on. And also why its not just doing this outside of the vehicle but also inside the cabin. Any help would be appreciated. And thank you in advance.

Re: Need help from the best enthusiast ever. The F-body v6 ones!

bad bulb. replace it, it'll be fine.

Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Well I appreciate your quick and timely response archer. But unfortunately I doubt that is the problem. Like I stated earlier in my question. They all blink and work just fine when the emergency lights are on. But if lets say you are just driving and you are about to make a left turn it just turns a solid color and doesn't blink. And it does this inside and outside the cabin. The left turn signal on the left to the speedometer just turns a solid green instead of blinking like the right one does.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
        bad bulb. replace it, it'll be fine.

Archer
        XXXX2
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The standard indicator for a burned out turn signal bulb is that the turn signals don't flash. Try replacing bulbs before anything else. They are cheap, and the likely cause of the problem. Plus, if one went out the others are not far behind. More wear and tear items for you.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Ok well I can't argue with that if 3 of you think this is the problem it must be it! thanks a lot guys! Man I love this Website and its members! I"m a replace the bulbs and I'll get back at you guys.

Comment

I didn't read the original post but... why not just pull out the bulb to see if its indeed broken? If it's not the bulb i think it'd be the flasher relay. The problem is that it isn't blinking when the turn signal is on right?

Comment

If it's not the bulbs, try replacing the blinker modules (1 for turn sigs, 1 for emergency lights). They're about $1 a piece. Most of the time they're either in the fuse box or under thhe steering wheel where the OBD-II port is.

Comment

sounds like a burnt bulb to me, and id know, i go thru the fooking things weekly.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Bad bulb or bad flasher. Either way, very simple and cheap repair.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmysprinkle View Post
                      If it's not the bulbs, try replacing the blinker modules (1 for turn sigs, 1 for emergency lights). They're about $1 a piece. Most of the time they're either in the fuse box or under thhe steering wheel where the OBD-II port is.
                      $1 a piece? Where do you buy parts from. My flasher was $7. Still not expensive though.

Comment

Like everyone is saying, it's the bulb. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times.
                        2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

huh. imagine that. lol

ARcher
                          MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                          http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X