Vanishing Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanishing Coolant

Ok this is a tad weird. I'll fill up my radiator then literally the next day Ill be a pint or a little more low. No matter how ften I fill it the coolant vanishes. Nothing leaks and theres no water in the oil or vice versa. The motor doesnt smoke out steam at all so Im out of ideas. Id think if it was eating that much coolant I would notice some type of running deficiency or some symptom. I havent replaced the cap so Ill check that. Also the factory overflow is gone and theres an aftermarket bottle in place tats only about a quart in capacity maybe that?
    Thanks for the help Dan-

Re: Vanishing Coolant

Could be the coolant elbow in the lower intake, coolant could leak off and get burned off when the engine is hot, or the tensioner might have a leak doing the same thing. As long as your not getting it in your oil thats good. Also see if the TB gasket is good and it is not leaking the coolant into the engine getting burnt up in the cyl. Just throwing out some ideas since it is not leaking on the ground.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

try bleeding the system. you could have air that is just breaking loose
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Got the same problem... except my leak is a bit slower than yours. Don't see any in my oil though, or oil in my coolant. To remove the intakes to change the elbows and gaskets, valve cover doesn't need to be removed right?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X