busted front turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busted front turn signals

Last night I got pulled over because I didn't have my turn signal on. I looked in the front of the car and noticed both my turn signals were out. The back lights still worked, but they only remain solid when the headlights are off. If they are on you can't tell if I'm turning. As such the blinker indicator only shows a solid green arrow.

* To make matters even worse, when I was pulling over to the side, to the rear-right of me was a fire hydrant, so I got another ticket on top of that for blocking the hydrant.

Anyway, after that I had a few spare turn signal bulbs. I put them in and they did not turn on. I got a new set of bulbs from the store, put them on with the same effect. The one bulb was totally busted, and the other looked fine. It didn't look burnt or anything. The filament was still solid.

I've checked the fuses on the inside door panel they looked fine, but replaced them with new ones just in case. No change.

Any ideas?

Re: busted front turn signals

If I recall there is a blinker relay switch under the dash by the steering wheel. Maybe that's gone bad? My mother's Monte Carlo has a somewhat similar problem, where you turn on the turn signals but they don't work except for the green arrows on the dash but if you push the turn signal switch but don't let it click and hold itself (If you know what I'm talking about) they work fine.

Comment

So The Cop Pulled you Over and Gave you a Ticket for Pulling over next to a Fire Hydrant??

Comment

I had the same problems with my rear turn signals...I too changed the bulbs, relays, and fuses, checked all the connections....turned out to be bad bulb sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by jabberman View Post
          So The Cop Pulled you Over and Gave you a Ticket for Pulling over next to a Fire Hydrant??
          Yes.

Originally posted by LarryMow View Post
          I had the same problems with my rear turn signals...I too changed the bulbs, relays, and fuses, checked all the connections....turned out to be bad bulb sockets.
          I'll check the relay, what does it look like and how much does it cost to get a replacement? Though is it possible to have both sockets go bad at the same time? They worked earlier in the evening when I went to work, then when I got out at 1am they were both dead.

Comment

The relay is like $6 from any autoparts store.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X