help me figure out this Cam Business... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me figure out this Cam Business...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me figure out this Cam Business...

ok, i'll be doing a little bit of engine work soon, and while im in there i'd like to throw in a small cam. nothing too big, i wanna keep my stock valve train, but i want something a little more aggressive. i figure why not, i'll probably be rebuilding soon anyway because of the mileage.

ok...i'm on the Comp Cams website, and it occurs to me...i dont know crap about Cams. i dont really know anything about the measurements, terminology, what have you. i know what "kind" of cam i want, but i dont know just which cam that is lol. i see Comp has 3 kits for our cars, one seems to be a stock replacement, then theres a medium and aggressive cam. not sure what to look for here...Could someone help me out?

Re: help me figure out this Cam Business...

I would say your best bet is to give some one a call. Call up Comp cams and tell them what you want and where your looking to go with the set-up. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Or

Give some one at Summit or Jegs a call. That way you can get your questions answered and not be stuck with one manufacturer's options. You can get your tech answered, order parts and have them shipped out in one phone call.

hope that helps some

Comment

yea, i hadnt thought about givin' em a call...i believe i'll do that this weekend.

thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
        yea, i hadnt thought about givin' em a call...i believe i'll do that this weekend.

thanks man
        No problem. Good luck!

Comment

give comp or isky a call.. they will tell you EXACTLY what you need

once you can get the specs.. you can basically shop for cams that fit it, and choose the one you like

Comment

the "3" cams you are referring to:

the first one is actually a bit smaller than the stock one (assuming your cam isn't too worn by now) the second one is a bit bigger and the 3rd is the 260H which is what i've got and necessitates upgrading the valvetrain, your best bet might be the second option there, but you should call comp to make sure you won't have to replace anything else with that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X