Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sqeaking Noise

Hey Guys,
    This weird noise just started happening. It sounds like something is lose and vibrating making a little squeaking sound. It gets really loud when I step on the gas. But when I'm still at idle you can still hear it. When your inside the car you can hear it best when you go on either the driver side or passenger side feet area..hah..not sure what to call it. But yeah, you can really hear it over there. And I can't seem to hear it in the engine bay because its too loud. Any ideas??

Before it started happening I just had my stock converter put back in and I also had a tranny cooler intalled. The tranny cooler was installed between the radiator and the cooling fans.

At first I thought it was the fans, but I found out it wasnt.

PLEASE HELP! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Check the belt. You might have some tranny fluid or antifreeze on it. That would cause a squeak like that. I hope it's not the converter.
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

I dont think its the converter because I just put in the STOCK one. I dont know how I would have some fluid on a belt because it never split anything since I had the the tranny cooler installed.
      Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

It's not so much that a stock converter was put in, it's just that there was work done in that area. I'd still have to say it's the belt. It only takes a few drops of fluid to cause squeaking. Won't hurt to check.

Comment

What belt do you think it is???

Comment

Check the belt tensioner if you think that's where the noise is coming from. Otherwise, I'd look at stuff on the bottom of the car (tranny crossmember, etc.).
            2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Check the belt tensioner <hr></blockquote>
              wheres that?

Comment

Right in the middle. It's the small pulley that isn't hooked up to any components.

Comment

Its not the belt. Its not really sounding like a squeaking noise. It now sounds like a vibrating rattling noise. Like something is loose or something is hitting against something. And it can be only heard in the same place I said, by the driver and passengers feet

Comment

i got a little of that too, im thinking the cat

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X