Car keeps dying, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car keeps dying, need help

I need help. I have a 97 camaro 3.8 v6. Over the last few days it keeps dying on my. The worst part is there is no common cause except that it happens when I am not using the accelerator.
    It first started happening when going up hill now it just happens randomly. At first I thought it was electrical but now I think it might be fuel related. It has 96000 miles on it. I recently changed the spark plugs and did an oil change. I thought it might be a bad fuel filter. I changed that out last night and it happened a few times again today. Is my fuel pump going or did it just get some bad gas? I don't know what it is but it is ticking me off! Any ideas?

Re: Car keeps dying, need help

A fuel pressure gauge could be your best friend right now,go pick one up at autozone.

Sounds like the fuel pump is on its way out.

Comment

thats what I am afraid of and the $270 price tag that goes with the part. Now I am afraid to fill the gas tank up for fear that I might be pulling it off very soon to change the pump. I haven't actually looked to see what I will have to do to change it but I am assuming that I will be pulling the tank.

Comment

Not sure on the 97 guessing its the same but you can cut a trapdoor on top of the tank through the trunk where the pump is alot easier don't have to drop your exuast or tank that way do a search on it should find something on that. Good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X