keep blowing fuses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep blowing fuses...

i keep blowing my the fuse that controls my injectors (inj-1)

now i recently put ls1 injectors in my car and i cant find any lose wires or anything from the work i did. Is it possible that the ls1 injectors pull more power so i need to use a bigger fuse? I was told i should OHM out my injectors to see if they are good, how do i OHM them? How many OHMs should they be?

And for the time being the car is parked in an apartment complex. And i really dont want to have the car towed home. Is it possible to stick something like a paper clip that wont blow into the fuse slot just long enough to get the car home? (couple miles)?
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 08-29-2008, 01:39 AM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: keep blowing fuses...

check for ne thing that might be grounding out. look super hard. could be a tiny pin size hole.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
      Is it possible to stick something like a paper clip that wont blow into the fuse slot just long enough to get the car home? (couple miles)?

Don't do that. Instead of a blown fuse, you will have melted wires, or even worse, possibly a fire.

Comment

Check them with a muitimeter they should be between 10-19 ohms just put one point on one side and one point on the other, you might have them crosswired or the injector is bad. Also I addded 36lb injectors and didn't have to up fuses so there is something in your wiring or a bad injector, but I would look at your wiring before anything since it is blowing fuses.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 08-29-2008, 01:31 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Also, I remember when I put in the 36lb injectors, I OHM tested them and wrote down the value, I think it ranged between 14 and 17, I put the highest OHM injector for the #1 cly. You might try and switch like the #1 over to #3 to see if it is the injector and also see what OHM's their at. That would explain your misfires if #1 isn't properly working it would either throw a 301 or 300 misfires. If you switch the injectors and it still does it , then it is your wiring. But since it is blowing fuses , there is something wrong somewhere in your wiring. I wouldn't run it long because you will run lean in a cylinder and blow up something.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X