Cant disable alarm, car wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant disable alarm, car wont start.

What can I do? I never had the remote ince I bought the car, now the security light goes off constantly and the alarm goes off when I try to start the car. Is there a way I can disable it? I dont really need the alarm anyway.

Re: Cant disable alarm, car wont start.

Its a 2002 v6 camaro btw.

Comment

Your best bet is to pick up a key fob cheap off ebay. Then you can program it for your car.

Comment

I assume this is an aftermarket alarm? IIRC the factory alarm automatically goes off when you turn the key to the ON position...

Comment

If the alarm is active, then you should have about 10 seconds from when you manually unlock the door to stick the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position. This will de-activate the alarm. You don't need to start the car, just turn the key. I know this can be annoying but it could work as a temporary solution until you find a better one.

Also, you could just lock both doors manually instead of pushing the door lock button, this will keep the alarm from activating as well.

That is how my alarm on my 96 works, I assume its the same for you.
          1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

Could be your VATS system going haywire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X