funny noises... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny noises... help!

i have a 2000 maro, and when the engine is revved between 3k and 3.5k it makes a weird grinding noise, something that sounds kind of like a ball bearing with a little dirt in it, but once i push it past 3.5k rpm, it stops and sounds normal. is this just something you hear with full aftermarket exhaust, or is there a problem?

Re: funny noises... help!

a sound clip would be your best bet at fixing the problem

a "ball bearing with dirt in it" could mean a lot of different sounds to people

but to start off.. does the noise fluctuate with engine rpm? how long has it been doing this?

do you have an auto or manual?

and does this noise happen at idle, while driving, or both?

Comment

mine is an automatic. its been doing this the entire time i've had the car. the sound happens anytime the engine is running between 3000 and 3500 rpm, whether its in park, im driving down the road, whether im easing on the gas or flooring it, but ONLY in that small rpm range. im not sure what a sound clip is, but how would it help? the ses light isnt on, so i wouldnt think it is anything serious

Comment

He means can you record the sound with a Video camera or some Device similar.. because noises sound different to alot of people.

Comment

well i looked at it some more today and it ended up just being the heatshield for the cat. conv. rattling. i guess the vibration from the engine was just right at that speed to make it rattle. thanks for the advice anyways

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X