questions on o2 sim and other components - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions on o2 sim and other components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on o2 sim and other components

Iv'e been looking at some bolt ons to put into my 96 camaro. First things first. I need a post cat 02 sim. On 3800performance.com they have on but it says for 98-02 Will this work on my 96? If not, what o2 sim will because I need to get rid of this check engine light!

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...oduct_Count=16

There are two other mods including MSD Blaster Coil Packs and the IWin 1.9 ratio rockers for 98-02 camaro's. Will they work on my 96 also?

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=3

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=1

Thanks in advance.
    1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

Think it will only fit 97+. Pretty sure that's when they got the new connector. Try a search in Intake/Exhaust to find it.

Coils will fit any V6, as they're all the same. However, don't expect to see any difference.

Rockers will fit, but really read up on them first. Such as what should be done before and with them.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

thanks. I have the same connector in that pic. Napa and autozone have given me o2 sensors with the wrong connectors before, so maybe there is some confusion with part numbers, but if its the same connector, it will work fine? Thanks for the response!
      1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

Comment

Do you have square or flat connector? If you have a square connector it should work. Maybe 96 got the new connector style...that's quite possible.
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

square front and back

Comment

It's also worth noting that if you plan on getting a tuner (HP Tuners or DHP) you can turn that code off without a need for the simulator.
            Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X