How do you remove the oil spout from the valve cover? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove the oil spout from the valve cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove the oil spout from the valve cover?

I feel like I can twist it but I hear that cracking sound and it makes me back off.

I'm doing this so I can properly install my breather.

thanks

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

flip the cover upside down. You'll see that there is a little spring catch feature on teh inside of teh spout tube. Using a small flathead, pry it out gentley & then twist the spout past the catch.

May as well polish the covers up while off. A nice weekend job for a good finish.

Gratuitus engine shot ;)
    The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 [deployed]:
      flip the cover upside down. You'll see that there is a little spring catch feature on teh inside of teh spout tube. Using a small flathead, pry it out gentley & then twist the spout past the catch.

May as well polish the covers up while off. A nice weekend job for a good finish.

Gratuitus engine shot ;)
      I've seen that several times in your website. Very nice job. What sort of tool did you use to polish it like that.

Thanks and stay safe down there.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
        I've seen that several times in your website. Very nice job. What sort of tool did you use to polish it like that.

Thanks and stay safe down there.
        http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=5;t=005558

and thanks
        The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X