Ever hear of this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of this before?

My daughter called me today saying that the oil pressure in her car dropped down then went back up halfway to where it was.

She stopped at Advanced Auto where they told her the gas cap was bad. She bought a new one and put it on. The oil pressure went back to where it originally was!!

Why would this happen?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Gas cap is suppose to pressurize the gas tank. Guess her's wasn't.
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

but why would that effect the oil pressure?
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Not enough gas getting into the engine could effect engine performance and make the oil pump run slower? (That isn't a statement its a shot in the dark lol)
        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Yea kinda weird but reoddai comment sounds like it make some kinda sense..
          New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X